Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] POTS?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Veltman over Cucurella for me. No one else close.
The difference was brought into focus in the Saints game when they were overloaded. Marc struggled heroically while Joel just got another cigar on. We underate him because he makes it look so easy

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Trossard has been good lately but absolutely shocking at times.
Cucu, Veltman, Biss (who despite an uneven season has been as good as anyone that has ever played for the club at times).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
1. Cucurella
2. Biss
3. Trossard

It's all about opinions of course, but how anyone doesn't include Veltman in their top three is beyond me.

For me it's

Cucurella
Veltman

as the top two by a mile, with third place between Biss, Trossard and Dunk, all who have been good at times this season, but all of whom have either been injured for longish spells, of have suffered from a loss of form.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Benteke

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I agree fully with people that Cucurella has been more consistent but consistency vs playing a key role in all or nearly all of the victories (like Tross and arguably Biss)... I think both of those things are pretty much equally valuable.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And the Joint winners are ,,,,,
Cucerella and Veltman ,
Both brilliant all season long

I'm with you. Couldn't split them. Cucu is obviously more flair (and hair) but Veltman has been so consistent despite having to play in different formations and with different players. He is real class.

Both have been absolute bargains. If they were to share the award, you'd have no argument from me.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It'll be interesting to see who wins the players player of the year award. It's been Dunk for the last four years I think. I'm not sure he'll make it five in a row.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It'll be interesting to see who wins the players player of the year award. It's been Dunk for the last four years I think. I'm not sure he'll make it five in a row.

Well it was Ben White last season and pretty sure Groß has won it once.

Dunk always seemed to miss out on it, i thought.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well it was Ben White last season and pretty sure Groß has won it once.

Dunk always seemed to miss out on it, i thought.

White and Gross were player of the season(as voted for by the fans). I thought Dunk has been the players player for the last four years but according to wiki he's been players player only twice - 18/19 and 20/21.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Dunk
Bissouma
Cucurella

---

Could be many many others though.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Pretty sure that one of the commentators on Saturday mentioned the Dunk + 4xPPoS

Possibly. Ive picked up the idea from somewhere recently. If you'd asked me if the club did a players player of the season award a month ago I don't think I could have told you one way or the other. So if it wasn't from this game it would have been from another or an article somewhere.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It's Cucurella for me. Never mind the consistency, the excellent head of hair, tippy-tappy play, flying down the wing and delivery of pinpoint crosses.

The main reason is that his name rhymes with paella, which is my favourite dish.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Surely it has to be Deniz Undav, the leagues leading scorer and the first Albion player to score over 20 goal in a season for 5 or 6 years.

I'm already feeling sorry for the poor so and so. Not even kicked a ball for the club, yet already so much expectation on him to hit the ground running next season and come up with a shed load of goals.

No pressure then. :ohmy:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
White and Gross were player of the season(as voted for by the fans). I thought Dunk has been the players player for the last four years but according to wiki he's been players player only twice - 18/19 and 20/21.

Sorry misread your response.
I would have made the same assumption, regarding player's player of the year.

Any idea who won it in the other two seasons?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Whilst I agree with the majority that Cucurella (with Veltman not far behind) will be getting my vote, I do think our fans tend to gravitate towards our defensive players due to the consistency/reliability aspect, when it's nigh on impossible for our attacking players to match up in this regard - it's just the nature of the role they play that only the world class players at this level can produce goals and assists on anything approaching a consistent basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here