Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

potentially the best midfield we've had?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
for many years, if all live up to potential

Jarrett Carpenter Nicolas Reid

with Currie / rodger/ oatway challenging too. :D

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depends how far you want to go back.

I think Nobby Horton's midfield of late 70s / early 80s will take some beating! :)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Reid Carpenter Nicolas Jarrett

That's a midfield that quite excites me (not in that way i might add)

:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We haven't seen enough of them to claim it's the best we've ever had!

Reid hardly set the world on fire last season! :jester:

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
Ok, Reid isn't a winger, as proved last season, when he cut inside every time he got the ball. However, when played in central midfield next to Chippy, he looked VERY comfortable and composed, and it gave us balance.

Gotsmanov said:
Ok, Reid isn't a winger, as proved last season, when he cut inside every time he got the ball. However, when played in central midfield next to Chippy, he looked VERY comfortable and composed, and it gave us balance.

Sorry, your anti-Oatway fevered imagination is playing tricks on you. Reid didn't play central midfield alongside Chippy but replaced him in the final. Reid swapped with OGH on the right flank in the last weeks of the season.

This thread is a laugh - classic NSC. It was doom and disaster a few weeks ago when we were trialling Kerekes and Molango and now we have the best midfield ever, the likes of Horton, O'Sullivan, Case and Grealish in the dustbin of history I assume.

FFS!

Stop getting carried away by Nicolas! He has done nothing amazing in the pre-seasons and needs to prove himself, don't be blinded by the Chelsea crap.

Reid is also nowhere near the form that got him a contract.

I hope these players come through but let's see them hit a bit of form first before we make them legends.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is Reid right-footed or left-footed?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
any midfield with Johnny Crumplin rocked..........badly.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
we have to remember that this league isn't just about skill (although it does help!)

The players HAVE to up their fitness, get em running early morning along the beach on the shingles and stones, they will have legs like tree trunks and it will improve their stamina!!

:clap:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Buzza said:
Depends how far you want to go back.

I think Nobby Horton's midfield of late 70s / early 80s will take some beating! :)

:clap: :clap: cant agree more

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
its a better line up in midfield than we had two days ago espically now lee wont make it on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here