Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potential carnage Semi Final - England v Turkey

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Help me here. Are all “Turkish barbers” owned and staffed by Turks, or is it just a Style/brand where anyone can work or own?
You won’t see many Kenneth’s in them
IMG_1549.jpeg

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
You say 'Netherlands', and I thought so to. But at matches they seem to chant 'Holland, Holland'; and when I lived over there during a World Cup, all the posters were 'Hup, Holland, Hup'.

And I may as well provide some evidence....

View attachment 185304

I've been looking hard, really really hard, but I still can't see any evidence.

I might need to look a bit harder for a bit.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tonight’s match they are chanting Holland
Interesting, the below taken from Holland.com

What is the difference between Holland and the Netherlands? Many people seem to think that the two names are interchangeable. But North Holland and South Holland are actually just two of the 12 provinces of the Netherlands, which is officially called the Kingdom of the Netherlands. In this article, you can find out what has caused this confusion – and what the Netherlands (yes, all of it!) has to offer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Potential carnage averted.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't think there's any need for that :down:
Pure adrenaline and emotion still pumping through my veins from the England penalties so I do apologise to anyone offended by my comments. It was very poor form.

Relieved to be playing the Dutch in all honesty. Should be a really good match. And I backed them at 4/1 to win at half-time in 90 minutes. Crazy price considering the talent they have.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Pure adrenaline and emotion still pumping through my veins from the England penalties

I'll have some of what you're on please! I mean, I enjoyed it, brilliant pens, and it was much better overall than previous dross performances, but...

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'll have some of what you're on please! I mean, I enjoyed it, brilliant pens, and it was much better overall than previous dross performances, but...
...........this is the best England side for 50 years mate!

Imagine telling your grandkids where you were when we won our first ever European Championships!!!!!!!! Memories for life! :banana:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Help me here. Are all “Turkish barbers” owned and staffed by Turks, or is it just a Style/brand where anyone can work or own?
Of the two 'Turkish Barbers" in Boundary Rd who had that altercation a few months back, neither were owned by Turks. One was owned by Iraqis and the other by Iranians.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
100% guaranteed it will be an England v Netherlands semi-final.

The Dutch were magnificent against Romania. Arguably the best performance of the tournament against a decent side who finished top of qualifying and then won Group E. The options up front are staggering with Memphis Depay, Cody Gakpo, Donyell Malen and Wout Weghorst. They also score a few from set-pieces.
You're joking aren't you. Depay and weggy are absolute gash.

They will still beat us though I suspect

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here