Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pot Noodle in a MUG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CLEN414.jpg

Anyone else tried this GENIUS new concoction ? Unilever have taken the Pot Noodle concept and combined it with the idea of a Cup-A-Soup, and have come up with this delicious soupy noodle-based snack. This is already a crowded marketplace so its a bold move, but I think they've really come up trumps here. The noodles tend to float to the top making drinking it without slurping noisily quite challenging, so I recommend a SPORK or some other item of cutlery in order to chug down a slab of the (very generous) portion of noodles and gain fuller access to the soup beneath. And what a TREAT that soup is, full of delicious chickeny roastness.

I've only had the Roast Chicken flavour so far, but there is also Tomato & Herb and Spicy Curry out there to further tempt and tantelise the tastebuds. I've also heard unsubstantiated rumour and legend of there being a Chinese Chicken flavour, but as of yet I am unable to verify.

Get some in.

Now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
incredible. i am very pleased at the current levels of creativity packaging wise from the shit food industry. i am still reeling from the resealable heinz beans tub.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
There's such a fine line between genius & f***ing stupid, isn't there?

Cup-a-noodle: it was just BEGGING to be done, & we all missed the choo-choo to Richbastard Central. :(

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And also...people can't now SEE you're eating a Pot Noodle. They've done their market research, realised the shame aspect eating from a branded pot, and countered in fine style.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
There's such a fine line between genius & f***ing stupid, isn't there?

Cup-a-noodle: it was just BEGGING to be done & we all missed the choo-choo to Richbastard Central. :(

i know, someones now sitting in a massive gold house and riding round the gardens on a f***ing unicorn thanks to thinking that up. gutted.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Oh I say! Good point, well made Mr Nutters.

Maybe they should've called it MUG NOODLE instead? :fishing:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Easy, your diet is shocking. You, sir, are destined to double-flush for the rest of your life...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely it's just a noodle then, if there's no pot?

Logically you'd be right, but Pot Noodle is such a prestigeous, well-established and successful brand with an enormous following they'd be CRAZY not to brandish their wares with the ubiquitous logo to lure us in.

I'd go as far to say that this is actually SUPERIOR to the legendary Pot Noodle. You don't get the gunky powder in the bottom, and the soup-based aspect of it combined with longer smoother noodles than its more famous older big brother is nothing short of a triumph.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy, your diet is shocking. You, sir, are destined to double-flush for the rest of your life...

All in moderation I can assure you. I have a rich and varied diet which includes fresh fruit and salad-based items. Often on my burger.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Red meat and cup-a-soup? I wouldn't want to share an office with you, especially around 2 o'clock when's it's REALLY kicking in, post-lunch...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
incredible. i am very pleased at the current levels of creativity packaging wise from the shit food industry. i am still reeling from the resealable heinz beans tub.

I reckon I pass as a bit of a foodie, but have "fridge Baked Beans" and microwave porridge portions in the house. That way my 11 year old can demonstrate a bit of independence and sort out his own breakfast (not together though that would be wrong). I hope this is a stepping stone to better things and have almost succeeded in weaning him off ketchup.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
So, you have to SUPPLY the mug, and WASH it afterwards? You can't just throw it in the landfill? :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here