Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Poster boy Tory attacked in Sompting

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, a 63 year old man it's unbelievable. There has also been many Tory boards defaced and smashed across the south.
I wasn't going to vote but clearly this has been the left side of the political spectrum at work.
I will now cast my vote as I don't see the need, labour are clear winners, but my vote will be against this attitude. It's as bad as Max running lando off the track when there was no need.
I understand bad losers but not bad winners.
You don't know a Labour party member did this. And please don't electioneer on the back of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So a right wing supporter (who seemingly hasn't posted before today) posts a story that he puts a political slant on to justify him voting for the Tories, possibly because without this flimsy justification he'd be embarrassed to vote for his favourites! Numerous posts pointing out that the motive for the attack is, as yet, unknown, including whether it is a 'leftie' or a far right, possibly Reform, character.

Notwithstanding any of the above, the only thing that we all seem to agree on is that if this was a politically motivated attack then it is an attack on our democracy.
Precisely. And a real cynic might suggest this is a 'false flag' event.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I've been following both Leila Williams (long standing local person) and young Tom (who will move here if he wins apparently - which he will) on social media since they were announced as candidates to see what they had to say, so I was aware of the attack shortly after it happened. Leila then said that they had taken the decision not to put any more posters or boards up as the risk was considered too high. I'm aware of previous issues locally during other elections - although didn't end up as bad as this attack (it was the boards etc that were attacked as opposed to the person putting them up).

Tom has rightly come out and condemned the attack - as any decent Labour supporter would (and any other right minded person). As you suggested in your other post, this will almost certainly have come from someone on the left... someone who would have been singing "oh Jeremy Corbyn" during the last two elections. Our last candidate - Lavinia O'Connor was of that ilk and I just couldn't vote for her. She lives down the road from me and I see her now and again.

Tom has assured me he's centre left and he seems a decent chap - so he will get my vote tomorrow. I hope he'll then move full time to the area and be very visible getting to know the locals and the issues on peoples minds.

You mean this Jeremy Corbyn?

BTW, Corbyn would have been 70 in the 2 later attacks.

And both attackers that were prosecuted were right wingers.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    620.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    890.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's appalling. Unfortunately it doesn't say whether it had a political slant or not but it is normal for people to make assumptions. If for instance someone kicked a cyclist you'd assume they didn't like cyclists. However the person who kicked the cyclist would have to say why, to justify their actions. Maybe there's an internet forum someone that the perpetrator is giving his reasons for doing it, it is a strange world we live in.
Some cyclists are knobs, some Tory MP's are knobs (including hopefuls), lots of people are knobs. That doesn't mean it's right to attack people though.
Not having a go at you. Not sure anybody has said it is right to attack people.

The OP seems to have succeeded with what he wanted: people handwringing over whether it is OK for 'labour supporters' to attack Tories, allowing him to claim he is now going to vote Tory instead of Labour (hint, hint!).

You couldn't make this shit up. Is this Potty's second account? No, this is too grotesque for him, a flat track dullard :shrug:

In next weeks debate we shall discuss whether the fact that a spotty teenager blew himself and others up in the name of Allah means that we should throw all the Muslims into the sea. Retro noughties. Good times.

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, he has, to promote his “comedy”.

Not with this user though. My guess is someone bigger.
You don't need to guess, do you? Just follow the breadcrumbs.

His only other engagement is to post anti-labour 'music' on the non political music thread set up (not by me) for tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can't possibly be - he left the site and had took action to have all his posts deleted. Surely he wouldn't then return to the same site??!
He has already! It didn't go well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What do you mean “more assumptions”? I thought I was perfectly clearly putting across the idea that we don’t know - or at least I don’t know - what the motive for the attack was. I do not jump to conclusions about things like this.
We are being trolled, mate.

Best wishes
:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed. Isolated case - but this shit simply can’t be tolerated towards any political party. Let democracy do its work
It isn't. The bloke was arrested, charged and, errrr bailed. Which is odd. For such an outrage. What are the police thinking?

But even this is more than what was done to the oaf who headbutted my son and broke his nose outside a chippy. CPS decided it wasn't 'in the public interest' to pursue the case. Despite numerous witnesses, the car number plate and even the name of the oaf.

Surely the OP isn't trying to make political capital here? It isn't as if he's told us he's changing who he will vote for, now as a consequence, is it?

Oh, he has. Chinny recon this is a bit strange?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This will make a load of undecided now vote Tory. What a bellend

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
You mean this Jeremy Corbyn?

BTW, Corbyn would have been 70 in the 2 later attacks.

And both attackers that were prosecuted were right wingers.

What's that got to do with what I said? I don't like Corbyn but it's right and proper that those responsible were prosecuted. I abhor violence - whoever is responsible. I have never felt the need to get involved and would always walk away from any possible confrontation myself as no good can ever come from violence.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
It isn't. The bloke was arrested, charged and, errrr bailed. Which is odd. For such an outrage. What are the police thinking?

But even this is more than what was done to the oaf who headbutted my son and broke his nose outside a chippy. CPS decided it wasn't 'in the public interest' to pursue the case. Despite numerous witnesses, the car number plate and even the name of the oaf.

Surely the OP isn't trying to make political capital here? It isn't as if he's told us he's changing who he will vote for, now as a consequence, is it?

Oh, he has. Chinny recon this is a bit strange?
That is outrageous. I don't get it. Not sure how I'd be able to deal with that if it was one of my lads :mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is outrageous. I don't get it. Not sure how I'd be able to deal with that if it was one of my lads :mad:
It wasn't easy. But I have had much worse to deal with, subsequently. I may write a book about it when I am no longer in touch with anger (to paraphrase Howard Devoto).

Thanks for your kind comment :thumbsup:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Not having a go at you. Not sure anybody has said it is right to attack people.

The OP seems to have succeeded with what he wanted: people handwringing over whether it is OK for 'labour supporters' to attack Tories, allowing him to claim he is now going to vote Tory instead of Labour (hint, hint!).

You couldn't make this shit up. Is this Potty's second account? No, this is too grotesque for him, a flat track dullard :shrug:

In next weeks debate we shall discuss whether the fact that a spotty teenager blew himself and others up in the name of Allah means that we should throw all the Muslims into the sea. Retro noughties. Good times.

:facepalm:
No, nobody has said it's right to attack people. No I don't think you're having a go at me either. I thought the OP was a reincarnation of HB&B so was trying to point out hypocrisy with the cycling stuff. I was wrong about that. However due to the assumptions that 'lefties' have been attacking Tories I'm going to change my vote. :unsure:

It's someone's 2nd account, I don't know whose. I've had 2 guesses and the first one was wrong, I'm no Poirot. 😂

Next week I'm going to moan that the polling station that was on the next road down has been moved miles away (slight exaggeration there) & I had to walk further. I could put in a snide dig that I used to vote at the local library but for some reason it closed down a few years ago, I can't think why!!! I used to actually get 'physical' books from there 8 years ago & so did my kids. Luckily when it closed down I was in a position to 'buy' them books from a nearby 2nd hand bookshop. Amazon missed a trick during the pandemic, they could've given Kindles to the kids & made their parents sign up to a 'special Covid prime reading deal'. Yes I'm a complete hypocrite and buy everything online but that's because I've always hated with a passion, from a very young age, 'going into town' for shopping.

I'm really looking forward to moaning about football to be honest! 😂

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree with at least 90% of the posts on this thread - unacceptable in a civilised and democratic society. I do wonder, though, if the perpetrator would have received the same intensity of opprobrium on NSC had he/she been attacking someone putting up a BNP poster (disgusting bunch of fascists, but still a legal political party).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, nobody has said it's right to attack people. No I don't think you're having a go at me either. I thought the OP was a reincarnation of HB&B so was trying to point out hypocrisy with the cycling stuff. I was wrong about that. However due to the assumptions that 'lefties' have been attacking Tories I'm going to change my vote. :unsure:

It's someone's 2nd account, I don't know whose. I've had 2 guesses and the first one was wrong, I'm no Poirot. 😂

Next week I'm going to moan that the polling station that was on the next road down has been moved miles away (slight exaggeration there) & I had to walk further. I could put in a snide dig that I used to vote at the local library but for some reason it closed down a few years ago, I can't think why!!! I used to actually get 'physical' books from there 8 years ago & so did my kids. Luckily when it closed down I was in a position to 'buy' them books from a nearby 2nd hand bookshop. Amazon missed a trick during the pandemic, they could've given Kindles to the kids & made their parents sign up to a 'special Covid prime reading deal'. Yes I'm a complete hypocrite and buy everything online but that's because I've always hated with a passion, from a very young age, 'going into town' for shopping.

I'm really looking forward to moaning about football to be honest! 😂
You can't beat a second hand book. I have hundreds. Green cover Penguins. Including Poirot :wink:

All the best (as always) :thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This attack (if, as is being assumed, is for political reasons) is abhorrant.

It is not for political reasons it is shitty.

Making assumptions and driving a narrative based on limited evidence and using this to try and influence people's votes in favour of your own preference is also shitty.

My assumption based on this thread: Right Wing Wrongun is not half as outraged and appalled as he is making out, and is happy to use this horrible incident for his own ends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here