Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post Match Reaction Required From Sincil Bank. ALL THIS AND BARRY LLOYD

never paid a penny for hum (well that was what bdl told me) deal was that we would pay 100k once he had made 100 career league appearances in english football. gets to 99 and mysteriusly never played for us again.............

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
never played 99 with us though. Was that for all time appearances in England? If so sounds like a weird deal. Although /i'd like to know how many bungs and dodgy deals were going down at the time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Storer68 said:
. gets to 99 and mysteriusly never played for us again.............

Can't back it up, but I doubt he played more than 10 games let alone 99 :nono:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Mark Farrington, what a joker of a player he was!!

On the subject of Barry Lloyd, does anyone else remember a game from about 90/91 (?) when we played and lost midweek to Derby at home, quite convincingly I think.....TVS/Merdian/South Today (whatever it was called back then?!!) showed the highlights later that night, and in the interview with Lloyd after the match, he procedded to smirk and laugh his way through it, infuriating every BHA fan who saw it, and had the crowd back on his case at the next Goldstone game......"Good" old Lloydy, chuffing his way thru cigs during the game!!!

The playoff final season was a classic but I shed no tears when he went

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Why did Lloyd sign Farrington after a career like this before him;

Mark Farrington was first spotted by Norwich City when he played in the Everton youth side that lost the FA Youth Cup final to the young Canaries in 1983. His four goals over the three legs of the final impressed Ken Brown who signed him when Everton released him mere weeks after the final. He made his debut for Norwich in May 1984 against Coventry. A total of 18 appearances were made for Norwich resulting in two league goals.

A loan spell at Cambridge Utd was followed by a transfer to Cardiff City in July 1985. Three goals in thirty one games for the Welsh side led to the termination of his contract although allegedly he was sacked for a breach of club discipline. A trial with Portsmouth was unsuccessful and Mark tried his luck on the continent. Dutch sides Willem 11 Tillburg, Fortuna Sittard and Feyenoord have all used his services as have German side Hertha BSC Berlin. A return to Britain came in 1991 when he joined Brighton and Hove Albion.

For 100Grand!!!:dunce:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All managers screw up.

Just look at Fergie

Taibi
Peter Davenport
Ralph Milne
Bosnich

Wenger

Jeffers
Cygan etc etc

On balance Barry Lloyd signed more good 'uns than bad 'uns. His problem was lack of rapport with the fans and working with one hand tied behind his back with the boardroom fiasco taking place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here