Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post match pick up point

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I am being picked up by car after the game tonight. Could anyone suggest a safe, sensible pick up point near the stadium? Ideally wants to be somewhere where my lift can hang around for 10 mins or so if needed. Thanks

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Short answer - there isn't one. I've been picked up a few times at the entrance to Stanmer Park as that means my lift doesn't have to go anywhere near the A27 and the fly-over. However I've always been there first to make sure that the car picking me up isn't clogging up the road by hanging around. It's not really a suitable place though, and if dozens of people did it it would be chaos.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Can't people just get picked up from the University of Sussex? Just walk under the tunnel?

(I say this as someone who hasn't been picked up from the ground, nor do I know anything about parking, etc.!)

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Walk to Coldean and get picked up there, IMO.

Can't people just get picked up from the University of Sussex? Just walk under the tunnel?

(I say this as someone who hasn't been picked up from the ground, nor do I know anything about parking, etc.!)

Stewards won't let you in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cant people get picked up by the tunnel to Falmer school ( or whatever nonsence name it is now called). there is a huge turn around area and perfect to pick people up from there as they have to walk on the lovelly walkway by Falmer playing fields and the train line and go through the tunnel...voila.

It will also mean I dont have to hang around at Virgin Club for an hour after kick off as people stopping on the double yellow lines outside the entrance to AMEX block the whole fecking road and the stewards to nothing about it!!!!

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mithras House. :)
Agreed, but if you haven't got a Travel Voucher .... ?

On the new road leading into the uni there are stewards at the uni entrance (where they've re-positioned the concrete 'Sussex University' sign). I don't think they let you onto the uni premises unless you have a parking permit. The entrance to Stanmer Park is about 100/200 yards further on, off the uni land and back towards Brighton.

But yeah, you're on the right lines: walk through the tunnel, and then walk out of the uni.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can you park without a Voucher? (i.e. is the voucher only for the bus and not for parking and bus combined?). If so I might try that, certainly once to see what it's like - and before the weather gets too bad. It's pretty flat so I should be able to make it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would say the bus stop o/s the Hikers Rest. However the bus stop is in use so as long is its LITERALLY a drop off/pick up and no hanging around in the bus stop itself but wait round the corner then pick you up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can you park without a Voucher? (i.e. is the voucher only for the bus and not for parking and bus combined?). If so I might try that, certainly once to see what it's like - and before the weather gets too bad. It's pretty flat so I should be able to make it.

No. If you mean 'can you use P&R without parking?' Yes, yes you can.

Still need a voucher, mind.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I would say the bus stop o/s the Hikers Rest. However the bus stop is in use so as long is its LITERALLY a drop off/pick up and no hanging around in the bus stop itself but wait round the corner then pick you up.

How long does it take to walk from the stadium to Hikers Rest?

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I am being picked up by car after the game tonight. Could anyone suggest a safe, sensible pick up point near the stadium? Ideally wants to be somewhere where my lift can hang around for 10 mins or so if needed. Thanks
I use the Race hill P&R i have never been asked to show my voucher.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. If you mean 'can you use P&R without parking?' Yes, yes you can.

Still need a voucher, mind.
No, I meant using the P&R to 'P' only, but never mind that, it was a bit of a side-issue as I was thinking of my own circumstances.

Getting back to the OP's original question of 'post-match pick-up point', surely Mithras House is just as bad? If his lift (plus others) are hanging around aren't they going to block the roads, the buses and the people leaving the car park?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Drop off points.jpg

(click the image to enlarge it)

1. By the triangle near the hiker's rest at the bottom of coldean lane
2. Barcombe road (other side of the road from the bottom of coldean lane)
3. End of Lucraft Road (wouldn't advise parking along lucraft road, it's hard to turn around, and residents aren't particularly welcoming, apparently)
4. By the bridge at the bottom of BACA (formerly Falmer) which is accessed from the A27 at the junction that has the entrance to Stanmer Park. Space to turn around and out of the way of traffic I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here