Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post match Gus interview - Peterboro cheats!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Great interview with Gus. I'm very glad he highlighted the rather un-gentlemanly conduct of Peterboro when they refused to give us back the ball after we'd kicked it out (following Calderon's injury). It wouldn't have taken much to hoof it down to Ankergren, but they chose to keep it. Luckily cheats do NOT prosper.

comeonboro11

Aug 2, 2010
Didn't appreciate that. You battered us today but we certainly aren't cheats.

Boyd was rightly sent off but that's the first time in his career he has been and Calderon was trying to get Lee sent-off. I sat right in-front of that incident and he dived. Shame, as he was excellent up until then.

It wasn't needed at all. Well done on your victory all the same, Poyet's obviously a very good manager.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Didn't appreciate that. You battered us today but we certainly aren't cheats.

Boyd was rightly sent off but that's the first time in his career he has been and Calderon was trying to get Lee sent-off. I sat right in-front of that incident and he dived. Shame, as he was excellent up until then.

It wasn't needed at all. Well done on your victory all the same, Poyet's obviously a very good manager.

Regardless of your opinion ref Calderon (and Poyet was pretty adamant that he sustained a rather nasty injury), it is footballing etiquette to give the ball back in such circumstances.

Having said that, I think the word "cheat" is probably a little OTT

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If Calderon sustained a nasty cut to his foot, why did he go down holding his face?
Or was that another incident?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here