Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post Match Flop - Fans had enough?

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
I for one was really not fussed about the game today but was looking forwards to the post match and giving the likes of FDM, Cox and Virgs a send off. Then came the final whistle and the mass exodus leaving probably less than a third of the attendees to watch the pitiful parade lap. All be it I was in the family stand but it was one of the poorest lap parades I have seen.

Perhaps with the weather and the transition season people were just pleased to see the season out and leave!

Oh well onwards and thanks a million to FDM, Virgs and Coxy.............as for Calderon my applause was probably wasted there.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
If you done the left side / right side in family stand all I have to say is that was pretty good :thumbsup:

That was probably the gayest/most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen. I was embarassed for the people doing it.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
looked like the 5/6 that started the singing were pissed or first trip to the withers,the new bha ultras maybe lol

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If the players had just stayed out most people would have watched. Because they decided they had to go to the dressing room first many couldn't be arsed. It was raining, the game was crap and it's been a fairly tame season, a few matches notwithstanding.

Can't blame those who decided they couldn't be bothered to wait.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think the club should welcome the fans on the pitch at the end of the last home game of the season. Would be a nice touch considering how many hours we've been watching what's happening on the pitch.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think you should only do a lap of honour if you've won some kind of honour, personally.

Agreed. It should have been billed as a Trudge of Mid-table Mediocrity

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
should have been all on the pitch and the team in the directors box.
the way every season ended at the Goldstone.

i dont think that would work quite as well with the withdean north stand as it did with the west stand at the goldstone

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think you should only do a lap of honour if you've won some kind of honour, personally.

It's become a sort of Withdean tradition. Maybe because we have a running track ideally suited to a lap of honour/other. No harm in it except maybe nobody's heart seemed to be very much in it on either side of the barrier this year. But the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't. So they probably called it right. Apart from the Calderon thing.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. It should have been billed as a Trudge of Mid-table Mediocrity

Spot on - no real 'honour' in another disappointing season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
at the last gloucester rugby game of the season, they billed it as "a lap for the players to show their appreciation for your support this season." which was nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here