Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Post a photo of the most beautiful car you’ve ever seen.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
There were also a great number of others mentioned in this thread from back in Feb, but the following I believe was mentioned by @Triggaaar and was probably the most valuable car there this weekend.

View attachment 188713

I think this is Nick Mason’s car and he is believed to have acquired it back in the late 70s for around £35k. One sold at auction last year for just shy of $52m!
Festival of speed 2 years ago. I didn't take the pic my son did.

IMG-20240909-WA0002.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can't understand this obsession with cars. They're all the same under the bonnet. They're just a means from getting from A to B.

**** puts on tin hat and runs for cover ****
All I can say to that is that this thread probably isn't the one for you :shrug:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I can't understand this obsession with cars. They're all the same under the bonnet. They're just a means from getting from A to B.

1725918667384.png

Don't tell me you'd be happy to go to Tesco in that!! 😮

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
View attachment 188730

My first car. Wasn't great in the damp, but a fantastic vehicle for surf trips, especially for long trips down D roads in France (or even Brighton in the winter) - I'd take the back seat out and sleep on a foam rubber mattress. Cornered like a dream.
Citroen offered to replace with a new car if you could actually roll it over on a normal road, I believe, which it feels like it will do on every sweeping bend. Seldom need to slow down in one of these! They will run flat out all day with their air cooled engine.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Citroen offered to replace with a new car if you could actually roll it over on a normal road, I believe, which it feels like it will do on every sweeping bend. Seldom need to slow down in one of these! They will run flat out all day with their air cooled engine.
This video pretty much proves Citroen were right, but don't watch until the end if you like 2CVs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Do you feel the same about basically everything? Clothes just cover you, a home is just a roof over your head, food and drink are just to keep you alive etc?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Do you feel the same about basically everything? Clothes just cover you, a home is just a roof over your head, food and drink are just to keep you alive etc?
Damn. You've got me sussed. A holiday is just a waste of time away from football etc.

Don't take me so literally Triggaaar. Sometimes I'm joking. Well, quite often actually.

Except when I posted the picture of the Wiesmann Roadster. I certainly wasn't joking about that. The first time I saw one, it moved me.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
71d7ed3c9cbb7b3d3ba73795affcafe2 (1).jpg

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
@crodonilson I had you down as someone who would be more into this.

1725963589842.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here