Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possibly the greatest ever comedy movie moment??!!

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
You can't beat the songs from Monty Python for convoluted intricate comedy.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I watched a Laurel and Hardy short this week - Laurel eating a boiled egg - static camera for 1min. The funniest thing I 've seen for ages.

:lolol: :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Still think best line in Life of Brian is John Cleese's...."You're fuckin' nicked me old beauty"

Last edited:

I like the bit in ARTHUR where Dudley runs into his Aunt Pearl and Uncle Peter in a flash gaff, and he's dining and wining a prostitute - and introduces said hooker as a Princess of a small country....... "they recently had the whole country carpetted, we're talking small........ 85cents in a cab from one end of the country to the other, this is NOT a big place" etc.
That was brilliant comedy.

Also the 'stoning' from Life Of Brian "all I said was; that halibut was good enough for Jehovah"

:lol:

Of course, my fave is the Nice Mr Hilter sketch, but I don't think that was in any movie

oh, and another classic moment was from The Jerk, when Steve Martin is getting shot at in the gas station (manager) "there's a crazy person out there with a gun" - (Steve Martin, as the bullets stud holes into the tins of oil) "AND HE HATES CANS"

How about Woody Allen (as 'Fielding Melisch'?), stealing the glass cut from a jewelry shop window in 'Take the Money and Run' ?

or

"that doesn't say 'gun', that looks more like 'gub' :lolol:

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

dave the gaffer said:
The Waco Kid to KKK men " Hey boys....look what I've got here...."
Sherriff bart " Where de white women at?..."

horrendously non PC Blazing Saddles but terrific stuff

Good call dave. The loudest I have laughed out loud was when Mungo punched that horse in the face. Comedy genius

Big mention for Spinal Tap too. The scene when the minature Stone Henge comes down on the stage creases me up every time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here