Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible team and formation for Barnsley

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I hear that McGhee is planning a 4-2-1-3 on Saturday, with McPhee, Knight and Benjamin up front, and Hart in the hole, Chippy and Oatway centre of midfield, with the usual back four of Watson, Cullip, Butters and Mayo. Roberts in goal.

Interesting...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
YEAAAHHHH, let's get at em!!

Put EL Abd in for Watto and you are onto a winner although i would prefer Oatway to PISS OFF.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
To not have any cover for Watson on the right side will cost us goals, how will he cope with Kevin Betsy running at him? I'm not sure about that formation but if McGhee is going to play it surely he needs a stronger Right Back with a bit of pace (El-Abd)

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The problem, young lady, is that we will be overun in the middle, and they have two very useful strikers who will have a field day unless we deny them access to the ball

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
The problem, young lady, is that we will be overun in the middle, and they have two very useful strikers who will have a field day unless we deny them access to the ball

We always ARE overrun in the middle. We have a crap midfield - it's like we only have 7 players on the bloody field. We need 2 wingers as it suits our play (ie DO NOT pass to midfield as they will lose it and the other side will score). It's not exactly rocket science.

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Look johnny-come-lately supporter, 2 wingers will not help us as a team.

We always get slaughtered through the middle, so whats the use of two wingers, who by definition, will be on the wings, and will therefore not be able to stop the opponents' attack in the middle

Missing Jolly Rodger more than we realised

:wave:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
BrightonBird said:
We played better against QPR when we had 3 up front imo. We don't have a midfield so what's the problemo?

I think in the 2nd half we threw everything including the kitchen sink at them. They defended for their lives and just managed to hold on. This is not really a good policy unless your surname is Keegan. I think its ideal if your losing with about 20 to go but I would not think McGhee would play it unless there is a structure to it, unlike schoolboy 3-21-11!

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Look johnny-come-lately supporter, 2 wingers will not help us as a team.

We always get slaughtered through the middle, so whats the use of two wingers, who by definition, will be on the wings, and will therefore not be able to stop the opponents' attack in the middle

Missing Jolly Rodger more than we realised

:wave:

Oh the cheek!:jester: :p :cool:

How many times have you seen our midfield do ANYTHING this season? I can think of Rushden and that's it. I think 4 in defence (2 being wingers), 3 in midfield (wingers and mindfield will link up easier then late) and then 3 strikres (Benjamin just behind).

I'm sorry if my opinion counts for squiddly f**k!:blush: I seem to know sweet f a.:shootself :rolleyes: :ohmy:

:jester: :D

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
BrightonBird said:
Oh the cheek!:jester: :p :cool:

How many times have you seen our midfield do ANYTHING this season? I can think of Rushden and that's it. I think 4 in defence (2 being wingers), 3 in midfield (wingers and mindfield will link up easier then late) and then 3 strikres (Benjamin just behind).

I'm sorry if my opinion counts for squiddly f**k!:blush: I seem to know sweet f a.:shootself :rolleyes: :ohmy:

:jester: :D

4-3-3 is our best formation, but wingers in defence, are you sure? attack minded full-backs such as cafu and carlos ( anyone know of their availabilty?) yes, but the thought of playing harty and lee at the back is not very appealing, then again when is the thought of lee playing had any other effect than making grown men cry?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
4 in defence, but 2 of them will be wingers??

Are you mad???

You've obviously got sun stroke from your time on the piste, time to take an early lunch and a sit-down me thinks:)

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If we are having problems in the midfield let's cut them out of the game.

Long balls for Benji and McPhee with Knight and Harty looking for the knock downs.

This leaves space for Chippy and Oatway or whoever who can sit a bit deeper than usual and pick up the pieces when Barnsley clear the ball.

Easy.

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
BrightonBird said:
Kind of in this shape (it won't look pretty)

But I know sod aqll. Don't worry. ;)

Edited - poo it didn't work (looks like diamond formation)
It shows what you meant when i go to quote, diamonds are a girls best friend! The Brazilians managed to pull it off, i see no reason why we cant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here