Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible Summer Signings

Oct 25, 2003
f*** me, i actually agree with BG on something!

goalkeeper is an ABSOLUTE MUST....i think we're generally a pretty good team at this level, with most of our best 11, and a few beyond that being very good for an upper championship team.....APART FROM IN GOAL where we have two keepers who are league 1, perhaps lower championship standard....i don't think we'll go up with either brezovan or ankergren in goal

apart from that, well full backs have been a problem for us, i like mattock but don't think reyes is the necessarily the answer at right back....centre backs are fine imo, especially if dunk progresses (remember that this is basically his first full season).........wouldn't mind someone with a bit of oomph in central midfield....someone with power, pace and drive.

our wingers are fine, but we are lacking in goalscorers really, and i think we've really struggled to incorporate cms into our style of play

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Heaton is exacly what we dont need. Yes he is a decent championship gk but he is no different than Ankergren. He is a good shot stopper and his distribution is good but his cross taking is poor. He rarley comes for crosses and when he does he flaps at it just like ankergren. I'm actually fine with Brez for now but if we do get another GK i'd splash out on a quality keeper. If we could get him, Kasper Schmeichel would be my choice but if not i'd look at Scott Loach from Watford who for whatever reason the fans dont like and has lost his position as number 1

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We have the players to do this if in form but as you say they are inconsistent however as I said you can carry a couple of players but not a keeper. Ideally we need a midfielder in the Steve Sidwell mould which I am sure we will get in the summer but at the moment the most pressing need is for a consistent competent keeper without which we will not make the play offs yet alone get promoted.
We have been in form but still we can't boss the midfield against anyone.Yes a sidwell type player would be great and let's hope gus gets the right man.

To be fair we will never boss the midfield with Navarro and bridcutt as they're defensive in my eyes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
More seriously, Central defender:

Jean-Jacques Gosso

2012-02-04T225516Z_01_MAL11_RTRIDSP_3_SOCCER-NATIONS.jpg

Jean-Jacques Gosso Gosso of Ivory Coast fights for the ball with Thierry Tazemeta of Equatorial Guinea during their quarter-final match at the African Nations Cup soccer tournament in Malabo

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Jay Rodgriduez????

Listening to Cardiff - Burnley via their website and the Burnley commentators are having a debate about Jay where will he go and how much for.

They're saying nothing less than £9,million will do and if he goes it'll be to a top prem side. £9 million :eek:

Never seen the lad play but 9 million, do behave.

0-0 half time.

Last edited:

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Heaton is exacly what we dont need. Yes he is a decent championship gk but he is no different than Ankergren. He is a good shot stopper and his distribution is good but his cross taking is poor. He rarley comes for crosses and when he does he flaps at it just like ankergren. I'm actually fine with Brez for now but if we do get another GK i'd splash out on a quality keeper. If we could get him, Kasper Schmeichel would be my choice but if not i'd look at Scott Loach from Watford who for whatever reason the fans dont like and has lost his position as number 1

Scott Loach is one of the worst keepers I've ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here