Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Possible return of fans to the Amex (incorporating the Q and A forum on 17th August)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone know if the Q&A thing goes out to ALL STH? Or are those who unsubscribed from club emails on account of all that wimmins team clickbait bullsh*t excluded?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
This is a thread about the return of football fans to the Amex. Please save your videos for the Coronavirus sub forum.

Fair enough.

Well, with the information in the video, I think we should all be allowed in when the season starts.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Fair enough.

Well, with the information in the video, I think we should all be allowed in when the season starts.

And you are entitled to your view. However it won’t happen and if Monday’s forum is to achieve anything concrete the focus needs to be on realistic plans that address the concerns of fans, the club, local and national Government. I have a very different view to you but that’s irrelevant as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Steward: "Can you put your mask on please"
Punter: "Ain't got one"
Steward: "Then I'm afraid you'll have to get off at the next stop"
Punter: "Make me"

You're right in that I expect most people would respect the rules, but you and I know there's always a few who simply wouldn't bother. In which case I'd say dealing with the above scenario is probably above the paygrade of any steward.

This really would happen.

Football draws in the belligerent worst of society. It may be a small minority, but they’re the thick t$ssers who’d ruin it for everyone else. As ever. There’ll be second or third CV19 waves, we don’t want football spectating being given the green light, then reined back in again.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I fear that long distance ST holders like me may be prohibited from attending.

I have asked whether any group of STs might be excluded. I had in mind us older ones but your question is equally valid. I also asked whether any additional parking would be available as I suspect for many getting to and especially from the amex will be key.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't know the solution though. Its impossible to have transport police everywhere.

The trains to the AMEX will surely need to have managed and restricted numbers. I guess it will mean significant numbers of security guards to administer this and also check everyone has a face mask/shield. This seems manageable to me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The trains to the AMEX will surely need to have managed and restricted numbers. I guess it will mean significant numbers of security guards to administer this and also check everyone has a face mask/shield. This seems manageable to me.

Why ?

No-one bothered to restrict numbers when it was hot and loads of people arrived by train to Brighton

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why ?

No-one bothered to restrict numbers when it was hot and loads of people arrived by train to Brighton

Very much this. Can't see several thousand people staggering their journeys by train to limit numbers in each carriage. The first 1000 fans coming by train have to get trains between 9 and 10am, the next 1000 between 10 and 11am etc etc??? Most will arrive an hour or two at most before the game, and if there is little or no food or drink on offer to pass the time, then we could see people just leaving it to the last hour before a game and then a bun fight will probably ensue on the trains.

The crowd might be more controllable at the stadium if say it's only 7000 or 8000 but surely its out of the clubs hands managing the trains and bus situation on getting to and from the ground.

It's great the club are asking for the views of supporters but I think travel to and from will still be the key to whether this will work or not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why ?

True. But I doubt the EPL will want thousands of unmasked supporters crammed onto trains to and from games and putting supporters and other innocent members of the public at risk. At the very very least it will damage the brand.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Very much this. Can't see several thousand people staggering their journeys by train to limit numbers in each carriage. The first 1000 fans coming by train have to get trains between 9 and 10am, the next 1000 between 10 and 11am etc etc??? Most will arrive an hour or two at most before the game, and if there is little or no food or drink on offer to pass the time, then we could see people just leaving it to the last hour before a game and then a bun fight will probably ensue on the trains.

The crowd might be more controllable at the stadium if say it's only 7000 or 8000 but surely its out of the clubs hands managing the trains and bus situation on getting to and from the ground.

It's great the club are asking for the views of supporters but I think travel to and from will still be the key to whether this will work or not.

Its my understanding there has always been liaison between the club and the transport providers irrespective of covid. Not beyond the wit of man to try and plan to limit numbers travelling on trains. They already use a queing system at Brighton station on match days anyway.

Personally i will go nowhere near a packed train this coming season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Its my understanding there has always been liaison between the club and the transport providers irrespective of covid. Not beyond the wit of man to try and plan to limit numbers travelling on trains. They already use a queing system at Brighton station on match days anyway.

Personally i will go nowhere near a packed train this coming season.

Wow never knew that, BHAFC pays Southern Railway to provide a service and they actually have meetings.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Is the testing centre still there? Presumably it will have to close if we have fans back, especially if their is any P&R.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Is the testing centre still there? Presumably it will have to close if we have fans back, especially if their is any P&R.

yes, it is.. mate had to use it friday for a pre new job test.
one hopes that there will be a paid package offered to those who buy match by match.. that is a huge stream of revenue lost potentially for the season - id want to see the matches and the club will not want to lose the fanbase that has been cultivated.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Why ?

Right, that's it, I'm doing my flounce now - I have heard enough shit from stupid people, but comparing hot weather to a Pandemic is just beyond stupid... The lot of you can just **** off, enjoy your football and goodbye

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Right, that's it, I'm doing my flounce now - I have heard enough shit from stupid people, but comparing hot weather to a Pandemic is just beyond stupid... The lot of you can just **** off, enjoy your football and goodbye

OK flouncer, what exactly was done to restrict people travelling by train to Brighton and social distance on a train when it was hot ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
EfevnUqXYAAC6kg.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here