Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible bad news for a B777 [Malaysian MH370]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm flying long haul next Tuesday . Across the Atlantic and with air France !
And I've seen that documentary

Just remember, the odds of being killed in a plane crash is 11 Million to 1. Planes in this day and age are extremely safe.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
there also another stat which says something along the lines of . if you travel 24 hours a day 365 days a year on random planes in random parts of the world how long will it take before you crash . I think its about 24 years or something

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Interesting tweet from Interpol:

INTERPOL ‏@INTERPOL_HQ · 59m
Inclined to believe that we are moving towards a human smuggling issue and not necessarily #terrorism. #MH370

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Just remember, the odds of being killed in a plane crash is 11 Million to 1. Planes in this day and age are extremely safe.

14 million to 1 to win the lottery and I won that. Never flying again.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
BBC news reporting that 2 of the passengers on board with stolen passports were of Iranian nationality

Means nothing, 1 of them was flying onwards from Beijing to Germany, to migrate there where their mother lives.

Nothing terrorist at all, which rules something else out making it even more a mystery.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Nobody seems to have mentioned that Freescale Technology is involved in stealth technology and Electronic Counter Measure:

"New electronic weapons allow jamming, blinding, deafening and more, so that a plane could possibly vanish from radar detection and security systems would not be activated. Basic radar Electronic Counter-Measure strategies used in electronic warfare (EW) are: 1) radar interference, 2) target modifications, and 3) changing electrical properties of air."

With 20 Freescale employees inside the plane, could they have made it "vanish" from inside the plane itself?

http://beforeitsnews.com/events/201...aysia-plane-24-suspects-on-board-2432744.html

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Is that per flight? Sounds about right as I know that there are around 1 million flights by large commercial planes each year, and incidents like this happen no more than once in every 5-10 years.

To make the nervous flyers feel better: you're more likely to die driving to the Amex later.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nobody seems to have mentioned that Freescale Technology is involved in stealth technology and Electronic Counter Measure:

"New electronic weapons allow jamming, blinding, deafening and more, so that a plane could possibly vanish from radar detection and security systems would not be activated. Basic radar Electronic Counter-Measure strategies used in electronic warfare (EW) are: 1) radar interference, 2) target modifications, and 3) changing electrical properties of air."

With 20 Freescale employees inside the plane, could they have made it "vanish" from inside the plane itself?

http://beforeitsnews.com/events/201...aysia-plane-24-suspects-on-board-2432744.html

Are you saying that this is some sort of airborn Philapdelphia Experiment?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Is that per flight? Sounds about right as I know that there are around 1 million flights by large commercial planes each year, and incidents like this happen no more than once in every 5-10 years.

To make the nervous flyers feel better: you're more likely to die driving to the Amex later.

tumblr_mau6q6rrd71ruxzhv.gif

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

I would assume so. But given that when crashes do happen, hundreds of people can perish at once I would think an 11,000,000/1 is probably under estimating just how unlikely you are to be involved in a fatal plane crash. Statistics mean nothing anyway, because occurrences are random but Air travel is extremely safe, by far the safest form of transport. (YES, that tired old fact again)

With regards to this situation, the longer it goes the more bizzare this gets. The ocean in the area they are searching is relatively shallow compared to other oceans so the fact no trace has been found still is difficult to understand, hopefully for the relatives sake I hope there is news soon. News the plane turned back west as well confuses matters even more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lost-season1.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am fascinated by this news story.

Other than Dennis Bergkamp, most of us travel by air from time to time, and the thought of a large well-populated commercial jet disappearing mid-flight for days on end is quite astounding.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I worked for the CCA and was there at the time of the Concorde crash and 9-11

This incident is becoming a quite unusual case.
If the aircraft had broken up in the air - which fits with vanishing from radar report - there will be debris spread far and wide [the PanAm / Lockerbie also broke up and was scattered over a wide area - fortunately not over the sea]. If it were over the sea, there will be a lot of debris and wreckage that would float - I'm stunned that in 4 days searching, they have found absolutely nothing.

Even if they had hit the water in one piece, as the Air France incident did, the impact would also cause debris and wreckage. If they did a Hudson River landing, some survivors should have escaped.

Quite a mystery ....

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Blimey..... seven pages and no sign of the goon squad yet?

Perhaps hybrid x and the truth are in a meeting as we speak.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If they did a Hudson River landing, some survivors should have escaped.
What if terrorists landed them gently in the sea, and then kept everyone on board as the plane gently sank?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here