Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positve Poyet

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!
Gus Poyet took us to the third round of the FA Cup, with wins against Wycombe and Torquay. He also showed us that this team can play a good quality of football at a premier division outfit.

Gus is getting the best out of Alan Navarro, whom i thought was going to turn out to be more of a failure than Mcleod and Livermore.

We have 15 points from 12 games under Gus, before he came we had 14 from 16 games.

If we had scored 1.25 points per game for the whole season (like we are doing now, under Poyet) we would be in joint 11th place with L****n O****t and have played a game less than them.

However without Poyet we were averaging less than a point a game, and if that had continued we would be 4/5 points from safety.

We are playing a much more attractive style of play under Poyet.

We now have Tarricco on the sidelines!!

Murray seems more the player he used to be.

Crofts has been a revelation.

Baring two unfortunate mistakes Tommy Elphick and Adam Virgo are getting better again.

I personally think we have been much improved under Poyet, so will all the moaners stop blaming Poyet for us being in the relegation zone, because since he took over our form is more of a mid-table team.

Lets get behind the boys tomorrow night, it will be cold wet and probably windy, but lets make a little bit of noise and hopefully get 3 points to take us out of the relegation zone and as high as 16th in the table!

:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we had scored 1.25 points per game for the whole season (like we are doing now, under Poyet) we would be in joint 11th place with L****n O****t and have played a game less than them.

I think this stat more than any sums it up for me. If we'd had Poyet all season, we'd be at least 11th. Slade didn't have the tough games Poyet did. Again...we'd be at least ELEVENTH.

The table looks sh*t but results ARE getting better.

Last edited:

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Yes, good call.
This club needs stability and I for one am happy with the job Poyet is doing.:thumbsup:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Good post. However, an average of 1.25 points a game for the rest of the season will take us to 51.5 points - which is probably enough to stay up, but will not guarantee us League 1 football next year. I hope to god the speed of improvement picks up, but with Huddersfield, Norwich, Leeds and Charlton as our next 4 games, we're going to need a damn good March and April.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Gus Poyet took us to the third round of the FA Cup, with wins against Wycombe and Torquay. He also showed us that this team can play a good quality of football at a premier division outfit.

Gus is getting the best out of Alan Navarro, whom i thought was going to turn out to be more of a failure than Mcleod and Livermore.

We have 15 points from 12 games under Gus, before he came we had 14 from 16 games.

However without Poyet we were averaging less than a point a game, and if that had continued we would be 4/5 points from safety.

Baring two unfortunate mistakes Tommy Elphick and Adam Virgo are getting better again.

I personally think we have been much improved under Poyet, so will all the moaners stop blaming Poyet for us being in the relegation zone, because since he took over our form is more of a mid-table team.

Lets get behind the boys tomorrow night, it will be cold wet and probably windy, but lets make a little bit of noise and hopefully get 3 points to take us out of the relegation zone and as high as 16th in the table!

AGreed - things are getting better, maybe some good news in the loan market too

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think this stat more than any sums it up for me. If we'd had Poyet all season, we'd be at least 11th. Slade didn't have the tough games Poyet did. Again...we'd be at least ELEVENTH.

The table looks sh*t but results ARE getting better.

Shame we are running out of games then...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've gained 15 points from 13 games, which gives us a points per game average of 1.15, unless you're including cup games as well?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
OK, let's just say we take 3 points from the next 4 games against Huddersfield, Norwich, Leeds and Charlton. Let's hope that history proves me to be a pessimist but we might also get f*ck all from these games.

Poyet's average points per game would then have fallen from 1.25 to 1.125. We will then have just 14 games left having played 32 and got 32 points. 32 points + (14 games x 1.125 points) = 47.75 points (and almost certain relegation).

Or to put it another way Poyet's points per game average would need to improve by about 45% over the last 14 games for us to be sure of staying up.

And all this, possibly, without our best goal scorer :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Actually, screw the stats.

We are staying up.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

Cant argue with any of that......well except we got to the fourth round but good post

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
And all this, possibly, without our best goal scorer :thumbsup:

You know, this Farcical Forster Farce could be the making of Murray. Forster has always clearly been the senior pro of the strikers, but with him out maybe Murray can really step on.

I'm sure I saw him smile on Saturday...

If Murray really steps up and leads the line then it could be good for him, good for the Albion and not so hot for Nicky. We know Murray's got plenty of goals in him, maybe this is what he needs in order to deliver regularly?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You know, this Farcical Forster Farce could be the making of Murray. Forster has always clearly been the senior pro of the strikers, but with him out maybe Murray can really step on.

I'm sure I saw him smile on Saturday...

If Murray really steps up and leads the line then it could be good for him, good for the Albion and not so hot for Nicky. We know Murray's got plenty of goals in him, maybe this is what he needs in order to deliver regularly?

Absolutely. I was very tempted to post a thread on Saturday suggesting similar.

I reckon without Forster in the side Murray will properly step up to be our main goalscorer, and perhaps break his duck at home, hopefully starting tomorrow night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here