Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positivity???

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
Is it too much to ask for some positivity from fans???
Really Its depresssing all this whinging and moaning at players. It seems a typical English thing to do, but honestly its just bloody annoying when every touch is followed by a moan!
I know its not everyone, but in particular there is a guy behind me who seems to plan what he;s going to shout to abuse the players before the game even if its not appropriate.... his favorite seems to be "wheres the midfield" I dont know what his obsession is but he was even berating macleod and livermore who are playing pretty well what a goon. There was also one moment when someone was whinging at kuipers for shouting instructions to his defence....is there any common sense.
I work in complaints and i have to deal with miserable moaning bastards everyday, any chance of some positivity at the withdean you reckon?

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
the vast majority of british people moan all the ruddy time. so yes, i think it is too much to ask im afraid.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
i put it down to the idiocy and ignorance which encapsulates probably 95% of the population

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Really Its depresssing all this whinging and moaning at players. It seems a typical English thing to do, but honestly its just bloody annoying when every touch is followed by a moan!
I know its not everyone, but in particular there is a guy behind me who seems to plan what he;s going to shout to abuse the players before the game even if its not appropriate.... his favorite seems to be "wheres the midfield" I dont know what his obsession is but he was even berating macleod and livermore who are playing pretty well what a goon. There was also one moment when someone was whinging at kuipers for shouting instructions to his defence....is there any common sense.
I work in complaints and i have to deal with miserable moaning bastards everyday, any chance of some positivity at the withdean you reckon?

Moan, moan, moan :rolleyes:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Looking for positivity here is like choosing Ibiza for a quiet, contemplative holiday.

If the moaning isn't about the players, it's about the man who fought to save the club from Archer and Stanley or gay men in bushes or seagulls or how crap so many places are.

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
never any praise where praise is due. I think we should have a positive saturday, like danny wallace had yes man and good fridays we should have an 'only moan at refs saturday'
too far??

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
never any praise where praise is due. I think we should have a positive saturday, like danny wallace had yes man and good fridays we should have an 'only moan at refs saturday'
too far??

I couldn't agree with you more!
Sadly some Brighton fans think they are asserting their manliness by abusing players. I know it's only a minority who do it but it does affect certain players.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Didn't you have the balls to tell him where to get off? Yet you come and hide behind a keyboard and vent!

Live and let live. He's paid his money and entitled within the law to say anything he wants! As we all are.

If the players perform then they get praise from the vast majority. :)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I LIKE all of the moaning on here - it makes me feel right at home when the missus isn't around!

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
Didn't you have the balls to tell him where to get off? Yet you come and hide behind a keyboard and vent!

Live and let live. He's paid his money and entitled within the law to say anything he wants! As we all are.

If the players perform then they get praise from the vast majority. :)

i dont mind him saying it to his mate, its when he shouts it out like he's the messiah preaching from the mount, its pretty embarresing.
Telling him where to get off?? we dont all get our kicks by pretending we own the f***ing world! i was merely suggesting people are less critical i wasnt planning a f***ing coup!
And for that reason i dont need to hide behind a keyboard, because there is nothing to hide from. Sometimes its more productive to tackle a problem in a calm manner than spouting off.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
i dont mind him saying it to his mate, its when he shouts it out like he's the messiah preaching from the mount, its pretty embarresing.
Telling him where to get off?? we dont all get our kicks by pretending we own the f***ing world! i was merely suggesting people are less critical i wasnt planning a f***ing coup!
And for that reason i dont need to hide behind a keyboard, because there is nothing to hide from. Sometimes its more productive to tackle a problem in a calm manner than spouting off.

Was he Italian? There was an Italian bloke sat at the back of D block last night at the Ipswich game who started moaning very loudly about the Charlton game 20 mins before kick off (pretty much from the moment he arrived and sat down) He was going on about how the manager cost us the game with his substitutions, that tonight was must win but we wouldn't cause Ipswich has much better players than us. Another of his pearls of wisdom was something like “When are Brighton going to sign a player as good as Kevin Phillips was when he was in his prime, Brighton haven’t had a good striker for over 20 years”, yes players that finished top scorer in the Premiership are falling over themselves to play for us.

Once the game kicked off for the first 10 mins he did nothing but go on about how Forster was past it and wouldn't get a kick in the championship and Murray wasn't up to this level. With increasing anger, swearing and loudness that alerted most of D block to his opinion regardless of if they wanted to hear his views or not.

After 30 mins of this and trying to explain the concept of a pre-season friendly to him, why players like Kevin Phillips don’t play in the 3rd tier of English Football I gave up told him to give it a rest as I was trying to watch and enjoy the match. Thankfully I spotted some other mates in the crowd and moved to join them so I didn’t have to listen to his ranting anymore. I noticed at half time he moved down to the back of A or B block and felt sorry for anyone now sat in earshot of the bloke.

I don’t mind a moan or grumble about a player, but to come to a game and do nothing but moan in that manner about a game that actually means nothing to how our season will end is pretty bloody stupid and I question the sanity of anyone parting with money to actually go to a game to do that. I thought the concept of going to football to support the team especially at our level where it sometimes dire, surely we do it for the love more than anything else.

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
Here here....no he wasnt italian but he was in block D....my season ticket seat and ironically the whinging block... haha.
I moved to the back of block d in the 2nd half away from the whinger in the middle, if the italian was still there i may well have contemplated sucide, which most people prob wouldnt have minded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here