Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from yesterdays game?

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
I hope this is helpful. Some of you may be aware that I am local to BN1 and a Season Tkt holder at the Valley.

The score flattered us last night especially at half time. You had long periods of possession but no delivery in the final third to put Elliot in goal under pressure. In the second half our midfield began to exert a greater influence and won most of the "second" balls.

The Referee clearly did not help the flow of the Game, and this was a shame....it made no difference to the result but it would have been a better game with an Official that let it breathe a bit.

I wish you all the best for the rest of the Season. As a regular attendee at Withdean lets hope you have a better 2nd half of the Season bar, obviously, the visit to SE7 later on.

Up the Albion

Adick

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We only lost 2-0
Graeme Smith wont be at the club much longer
New players arriving in January

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I am far from smiths biggest fan, but against charlton he did not appear to spend anywhere near as mush time marooned off his line, made some decent catches under pressure and his distribution was much improved and he didn't slice any kicks out. IMHO it is not all doom and gloom, had we got 3 draws and 1 loss against soton leeds norwich and charlton i for one would have been a happy bunny, and maybe the soton result made us all think that gus had turned the team around. we are now playing much better football than a month ago and the results will come.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Everyone is coming out with this line about the defense is really poor, but we limited Charlton, one of the best teams in the division to just 2 shots on target in the 1st half and kept a clean sheet in the 2nd, so was it really that poor a defensive display as everyone makes out?

Can't a team score a good goal against us any more without the resultant cries of our shit defense is to blame? I didn't think that they were that bad, and I thought Smith had his best game in a Brighton shirt, maybe there is hope for him yet.

We look good going forward and look capable of scoring alot of goals this season, enough to make sure we will be safe long before the season ends.
Quite agree with everything you have said there GF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here