Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight (Wolves)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I now know that the game is played at an incredible pace when viewed from the West Lower as opposed from the West Upper. Players have little or no time to make decisions and it gave me a better appreciation of that.

Negatives - someone kicked over my half full diet coke :cry: is that a West Lower thing ?
Hath ye no lid? 🙄

No injuries, comeback players got valuable time, good goals and first timers getting them . . . we won!

getting away with mistakes is a good thing IMO . . . You learn without full force of the f*** up Haunting you.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think playing cup games here and training our elite facility wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for his development. Especially if Bart does get an injury, heaven forbid it actually happens. What I don't think we fans think about is the impact constant loans have on the player going out. The poor guy has lived in wildly different places in the last few seasons, a year at a time. Is that great for his development? Maybe, maybe not. Ultimately, we fans won't know what's best for the individual players development but we can all comment our opinions. Mine is that Rushworth would be a better 2nd choice for us than Steele, with a view to Rushworth being the long term being number 1 or challenging with Beadle for the shirt when Bart is inevitably sold for big money in the summer if he continues to develop as he has been.
I've posted this before, but......

At the end of the 2019-20 season, Rushworth won the Worthing Players' Player of the Year award.
On June 6 2021 he was announced as the Brighton and Hove Albion Young Player of the Season.
On May 7 2022 he was named as both the Young Player of the Season and the Players' Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Walsall.
On May 7 2023 he was named as the Young Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Lincoln City.
On May 1 2024 he was named as both the Players' Player of the Season and the Supporters' Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Swansea City.

So, in terms of "The poor guy has lived in wildly different places in the last few seasons, a year at a time. Is that great for his development? Maybe, maybe not. Ultimately, we fans won't know what's best for the individual players development but we can all comment our opinions." I would say......

The Albion have so far played an absolute f***ing blinder in terms of Rushworth's development. And if they feel (along with Rushworth himself) he should be out on loan this season then so be it.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's not rubbish. If he was, how come RDZ - responsible for our best ever finish - kept rotating him with Bart, now the Dutch number one? He was at fault for one goal yesterday, but he also kept out at least two one on ones.
Because de Zerbi had landed himself in a place where he one GK who wasn't quite good enough and one who wasn't quite ready - hence the need for the smoke and mirrors of good with his feet being more important than basic goalkeeping.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've posted this before, but......

At the end of the 2019-20 season, Rushworth won the Worthing Players' Player of the Year award.
On June 6 2021 he was announced as the Brighton and Hove Albion Young Player of the Season.
On May 7 2022 he was named as both the Young Player of the Season and the Players' Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Walsall.
On May 7 2023 he was named as the Young Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Lincoln City.
On May 1 2024 he was named as both the Players' Player of the Season and the Supporters' Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Swansea City.

So, in terms of "The poor guy has lived in wildly different places in the last few seasons, a year at a time. Is that great for his development? Maybe, maybe not. Ultimately, we fans won't know what's best for the individual players development but we can all comment our opinions." I would say......

The Albion have so far played an absolute f***ing blinder in terms of Rushworth's development. And if they feel (along with Rushworth himself) he should be out on loan this season then so be it.
Well it will be a blinder if he can win over Hull fans who don't know why they bothered signing him when they're sorted for GKs already!

Mind you, I think he had to overcome a similar challenge when he went to Swansea - and that went pretty well!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's not rubbish. If he was, how come RDZ - responsible for our best ever finish - kept rotating him with Bart, now the Dutch number one? He was at fault for one goal yesterday, but he also kept out at least two one on ones.

And as for your last sentence - absolute bollocks. Unless of course you think Aaron Ramsdale thought "it's brilliant here at Arsenal as number two, that's why it makes perfect sense for me to move to title challengers, Southampton"
I can answer that one, because the Swedish pizza box-bothering know-it-all who often dominates this forum revealed the truth a wild ago while on yet another anti-RDZ rant.

Roberto had a bet that Steele would make it into the England team for the Euros, so needed to give him as much game time as possible.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I can answer that one, because the Swedish pizza box-bothering know-it-all who often dominates this forum revealed the truth a wild ago while on yet another anti-RDZ rant.

Roberto had a bet that Steele would make it into the England team for the Euros, so needed to give him as much game time as possible.
:tears:

If you can find yourself a spin, you'll be able to express thoughts on a topic even if someone else has previously expressed theirs (like in this case).

Also, to correct you on my take: Roberto made a claim that his target was to get Jason Steele to the English national team, and I believe this (along with benching Sanchez for Steele) made him too proud to drop Jason even when it got obvious Bart was the future.

I'm sorry if this perspective upset you in some way or psychologically obstructed you from expressing your own theory/thoughts, but thats a problem you can only solve yourself.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
And the other fella conceded three. What's your point, Dwayne Mk II?

Bart has conceded more goals through Fannying Around At The Back (TM) than Steele, who is more than capable as a back-up keeper, or when called upon. He, for example, kept a clean sheet against Everton who, I believe, have scored in each of their other games this season :shrug:
They didn’t against Spurs for the record!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here