Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posh podcast rate us as cloggers

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not a bad listen and if all they've seen was highlights on The Football League Show (and noted our run of results up to the Southampton game) you can understand what they are saying. Hopefully they are in for a nasty surprise

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is this the club managed by a wifebeater who have the gall to accuse us of being a bunch of kickers?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is typically recorded straight after a home game in the back room of a pub (sounds like). They show a level of analysis of the game, tactics, personnel and opposition that is pretty impressive. It is a different style from the Albion Roar. One of them was impressed by us last season - the other one thought we would trip up (like a lot of us on here). I think they are usually pretty reasonable about their own club and other clubs. I enjoy listening to it (although I rarely get beyond 30 mins).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What's that got to do with style of play on the pitch you halfwit?

I think that any club that puts it's faith in a man who thinks it is acceptable to kick his wife in the stomach can't take the moral high ground in many matters TBH.

It's the same with the likes of Marlon King and Lee Hughes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well, to be fair, we are the biggest bunch of cloggers in the championship after Southampton, West Ham, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Reading, Hull, Birmingham, Derby, Blackpool, Burnley, Leeds, Palarse, Barnsley, Leicester, Peterborough, Portsmouth, Watford, Ipswich, Bristol City, Millwall, Forest, Donny and Coventry :rollseyes:

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Nice to see that this weeks podcast has provoked some debate...

The 5-1 prediction was not serious, quite obviously (I hoped).

Last season you were far and away (for my money) the best team in L1 and deservedly went up. This season, from the bits I have seen on the TV it has looked a bit grim.

CMS as you know is a hero round these parts, and when he left London Road it was to much talk from Poyet of "building a team around him" - so we look a little confused and bewildered when he is not scoring hatfuls of goals.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
CMS as you know is a hero round these parts, and when he left London Road it was to much talk from Poyet of "building a team around him" - so we look a little confused and bewildered when he is not scoring hatfuls of goals.

Not grim at all to be honest. These are great days to follow the Albion (must be the same for you). It is just a bit odd that after six months we are unable to make the best use of CMS. But it will come.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not grim at all to be honest. These are great days to follow the Albion (must be the same for you). It is just a bit odd that after six months we are unable to make the best use of CMS. But it will come.
This. We've been patchy this season owing to some dreadful luck with injuries and a poor disciplianary record, yet still find ourselves within touching distance of the play offs.

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010

Fair play if we got the grim element wrong - We can only call it as we see it from the TV coverage. It is indeed great days to follow PUFC.

I had £££ on CMS being top scorer in the Championship, so can you ask Poyet to hurry up and get the best out of him.

It should be a good game Saturday

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nice to see that this weeks podcast has provoked some debate...

The 5-1 prediction was not serious, quite obviously (I hoped).

Last season you were far and away (for my money) the best team in L1 and deservedly went up. This season, from the bits I have seen on the TV it has looked a bit grim.

personally i'm loving it...been some good games and great crowds..grim not quite the right word..but hey if yur judging football from a few highlights..then bad call

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fair play if we got the grim element wrong - We can only call it as we see it from the TV coverage. It is indeed great days to follow PUFC.

I had £££ on CMS being top scorer in the Championship, so can you ask Poyet to hurry up and get the best out of him.

I told you you lot wouldn't go down this season.

Wouldn't f***ing listen though, would you Chris? :p

westy

Jul 25, 2003

Grim?! Did you not catch the highlights of us TROUNCING Saints the other week? Tore them apart. We were equally impressive against a poor Bristol City side sat. Grim is not a word I would use to describe our football.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Grim?! Did you not catch the highlights of us TROUNCING Saints the other week? Tore them apart. We were equally impressive against a poor Bristol City side sat. Grim is not a word I would use to describe our football.

it is a word i would use to describe it away from home...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

We've not been creating hatfuls of chances for him this season TBH, and recently his shooting boots have deserted him, but he is very much a crowd favourite for his total commitment on the pitch, and everyone who has had met him says what a thoroughly nice bloke he is too.

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Last year for us, everything he hit flew into the net, but back in his early days at London Road, a groan would go up everytime he went through one-on-one with the keeper, as 9 times out of 10 he would miss. He will come good (in terms of goals) for you guys as long as you give him chances in the right areas.

We all knew that he was going to leave London Road in the Summer, but it is hard not to wonder where we might be in the table if he had stayed, considering the number of chances we create in games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here