Southwick

Attachments

• nightmare_on_elm_street_2.jpg
    nightmare_on_elm_street_2.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 419

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Brilliant, this thread is a good read until the 12th post with some tirsome, boring 'let's have a pop' comment. Grow up and leave the sensible discussions to the adults.

No you are right, I need to grow up. Were just the poor guys in a crap athletics stadium and we are playing above ourselves. Come the end of the season we won't be here. Teams like Boro and Charlton should be beating us.

Calderon is a cheat and a ponce and Poyet will be off soon.

Christ, why can't we and other people see we are a decent team playing great football, even though it's not fashionable for littler Brighton?

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
No you are right, I need to grow up. Were just the poor guys in a crap athletics stadium and we are playing above ourselves. Come the end of the season we won't be here. Teams like Boro and Charlton should be beating us.

Calderon is a cheat and a ponce and Poyet will be off soon.

Christ, why can't we and other people see we are a decent team playing great football, even though it's not fashionable for littler Brighton?

If you listen to the podcast mate, I think we rave more than enough about you lot. I have never raved so much about another team in my life :laugh:

And Calderon is a fcuking cheat (and a very good player).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Be fair - six stiches in the top of his foot - the defender's studs tore a hole in his boot. I suspect thats more than enough excuse for a footballer to hit the deck. Imagine it smarts a bit.

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Be fair - six stiches in the top of his foot - the defender's studs tore a hole in his boot. I suspect thats more than enough excuse for a footballer to hit the deck. Imagine it smarts a bit.

I bet that injury did hurt a lot - but I sit about 10 yards from where that challenge from Charlie Lee took place and Calderon went down clutching his face. Now in fairness I thought, that maybe from the pain in his leg..... but oh no, he got up and tried to tell the ref and the lino how Charlie had smashed him in the face :cry: . The ref then came over about 30 seconds later and gave him a good talking too as Calderon persisted in saying Charlie smacked him in the mush.

As I say though, I thought he played very well on Saturday. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I bet that injury did hurt a lot - but I sit about 10 yards from where that challenge from Charlie Lee took place and Calderon went down clutching his face. Now in fairness I thought, that maybe from the pain in his leg..... but oh no, he got up and tried to tell the ref and the lino how Charlie had smashed him in the face :cry: . The ref then came over about 30 seconds later and gave him a good talking too as Calderon persisted in saying Charlie smacked him in the mush.

As I say though, I thought he played very well on Saturday. :thumbsup:

The challenge when Lee's hand caught him [a careless hand as opposed to a swinging elbow, or anything] isn't the one that cut his foot though. That was early in the first half, when Lee went right through him. It was a couple of minutes after Lee had escaped with a yellow for the forearm smash into Barnes' face. :thumbsup:

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
well our listening figures have gone through the roof this week - so thanks for that folks.

See you @ the Withdean in January. All the best for the rest of the season.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Thanks SoTG... enjoyed the podcast... I like the calm and analytical approach.

Good luck... and see you at The Theatre of Trees for Part II!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Good listen, nice one.

Pre-match the talk was, "need to look out for LuaLua, looks one hell of a player" (unfortunately we don't own him :(). Post-match discussion, it was "Bennett, looks one hell of a player" - which was nice. :thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Very much enjoyed listening to the podcast guys. You called the game pretty much as I (& all Albion supporters there) saw it - but it was fascinating to hear a Posh perspective of the afternoon's events. Keep smiling all & best of luck for the rest of the campaign. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here