Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posh Fans Podcast - Nightmare on London Road

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Fair play to you on Saturday - totally outclassed us both on and off the pitch.

Our thoughts on the game and the aftermath can be found on Episode 12 of Standing On The Glebe - The Un-Official Posh Fans Podcast, which can be found on itunes or via our website: Standing On The Glebe - The Unofficial Posh Podcast

We dont normally release it until a Monday, but as it was our Cup Final on Saturday we thought we had better rush it out.......sake.

Feedback is very welcome

Cheers

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Thanks, I will enjoy listening to this. I found you last one very entertaining, although I think you need to get things in perspective. You are 1 point off second place. Last week you lost to an in form Brentford and yesterday you were outclassed by us. Not the end of the world...you did it to us a couple of years back at Withdean. Listening to your manager, tonight it sounds like he is thinking of quitting. Why? Its not like you are a big club like Southampton or Sheffield Wednesday? Oh and by the way, thought your keeper was magnificent and would love to see that Mackail Smith fella in an Albion shirt!

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Thanks, I will enjoy listening to this. I found you last one very entertaining, although I think you need to get things in perspective. You are 1 point off second place. Last week you lost to an in form Brentford and yesterday you were outclassed by us. Not the end of the world...you did it to us a couple of years back at Withdean. Listening to your manager, tonight it sounds like he is thinking of quitting. Why? Its not like you are a big club like Southampton or Sheffield Wednesday? Oh and by the way, thought your keeper was magnificent and would love to see that Mackail Smith fella in an Albion shirt!

Due to the likes of CMS we dug ourselves out of many a hole early on in the season when we were conceding goals for fun. The problem is that we are still giving goals away like they were penny sweets but have stopped scoring.

We started the season well but are very much now on the slide and Johnson is feeling the pressure. Hopefully he will take his medicine as given out by Poyet on Saturday, re-group and get us going again.

All the best

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Listening to it now, very good!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Listening to the podcast at the moment and thouroughly enjoying it. Obviously the scoreline makes it a lot more enjoyable for our fans. You are obviously all knowledgable fans that love your club and it's nice to hear an unbiased view on a game.

I must say I agreed with pretty much everything you said, the biggest thing to me was why your manager felt the need to label the game your cup final - bizarre to say the least.

Anyway, like I said it's a very good listen. Good work.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Also listening to it now. Very good.

You have just said your team is better than ours on paper. I think your fans underestimate the quality we have got. Your strikeforce is probably better than ours but not sure that your defence and midfield is.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You have just said your team is better than ours on paper. I think your fans underestimate the quality we have got. Your strikeforce is probably better than ours but not sure that your defence and midfield is.

Just going to post that myself. We have a quality defence. I would take your keeper, our defence, our midfield, and other than maybe CMS rather than Barnes our forwards. Remember Lualua did not even got on the pitch.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I love this "our team is better than theirs on paper". Just makes them seem so arrogant! We are top of the league by 8 points and have spanked Both Boro and Charlton away.

Keep underestimating us, love it!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I like different fans' perspectives on football in general, and this is a very good show. Obviously Peterborough fans, but not biased in their opinions and talking sense about the game. Sometimes you're just outplayed on the day, and there's nothing you can do about it. There's not point in trying to say you did it to yourselves or suggesting the referee cost you the game, you just have to hold your hands up and admit you were just beaten by a better team, that's football.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Fair play, your defence is looking pretty leaky! But, 4-3 and 5-4 sounds like there is never a dull moment at London Road! I still think you will be OK and thereabouts at the end of the season. It is still only the autumn and there is a long way to go! Mind you, even in my wildest dreams I could not see us being top let alone eight points clear. We seem to be getting better and better, have strength in depth in most positions and only need a few more wins and we will guarantee being clear of relegation!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
At last, someone can pronounce El-Abd properly.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
At last, someone can pronounce El-Abd properly.

We must have started listening at pretty much exactly the same time!

What I liked about them mentioning El-Abd, was that they said he had Mackail-Smith, probably the best striker in this league, in his pocket all game!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I love this "our team is better than theirs on paper". Just makes them seem so arrogant! We are top of the league by 8 points and have spanked Both Boro and Charlton away.

Keep underestimating us, love it!

Brilliant, this thread is a good read until the 12th post with some tirsome, boring 'let's have a pop' comment. Grow up and leave the sensible discussions to the adults.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Its interesting to hear this, really good, loving the Bennett compliments, we love him too :)

Good luck to Peterboro, you are an alright team and hopefully this little down phase is not too bad. No aggro against you whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here