Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posh Fans Podcast - featuring our match preview

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Morning All,

The latest episode of our un-official Posh fans podcast featuring our preview of the game on Saturday can now be found on our website: The Unofficial Posh Fans Podcast | Standing On The Glebe and via itunes (search for standing on the glebe, then its ep.36)

As you can imagine we prattle on about the 7-1 demolition of Ipswich for a while, but the match preview kicks in after 25mins.

It is going to be very very strange watching CMS play against The Posh, and the little shitbag is bound to score but here's hoping we will get something from the game.

Cheers

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thanks standingontheglebe, enjoyed your podcasts last season but that may have been because of the outcome of the game. Hopefully, we can enjoy your podcast next week as well!

What ARE your thoughts on the 7 - 1 drubbing of Ispwich? Were Ipswich in self destruct mode or were Peterbrough THAT good? I like the look of your new striker, seems like you picked up another bargain there!

Significantly more worried about this game then I was a week ago but it should be a cracker.

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Thanks standingontheglebe, enjoyed your podcasts last season but that may have been because of the outcome of the game. Hopefully, we can enjoy your podcast next week as well!

What ARE your thoughts on the 7 - 1 drubbing of Ispwich? Were Ipswich in self destruct mode or were Peterbrough THAT good? I like the look of your new striker, seems like you picked up another bargain there!

Significantly more worried about this game then I was a week ago but it should be a cracker.

We played some brilliant stuff (some of the best I have seen in 25+ years) for 20mins in the first half. To go from 1-0 down to 4-1 up was stunning. Ipswich were a disgrace to their fans and club in the way that they totally gave up. Chopra in particular kept just having a hissy fit.

I hope that results like that for us, your excellent start and Saints doing well show this division that you dont always get success by buying the same tired old Championship veterans - the likes of Chopra and Nathan Ellington, but that young, hungry ambitious players can make it in this league.

Our full match report with chalkboards can be found here:

Sublime 1 Ipswich Town | Standing On The Glebe

Lush

Mods' Pet
I hope that results like that for us, your excellent start and Saints doing well show this division that you dont always get success by buying the same tired old Championship veterans - the likes of Chopra and Nathan Ellington, but that young, hungry ambitious players can make it in this league.

I'd agree with you, if it wasn't for our 2 - 2 draw with Kevin Phillips on Saturday.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
True Lush but KP is still a very hungry player and that showed in his interviews during the close season, he has come down a devision to keep playing and to score goals. Which he will do for fun at this level. I wish we had signed him, but that's probably one of the only exceptions that I would make for an ageing player.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am a regular listener to Standing on the Glebe. It is a quality podcast. I would luv it if Posh stay up this year.

Saturday could be a classic. It will not be 0-0 - that is for sure.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
One of the chaps from 'standing on the glebe' will be on the Albion Roar this saturday as well!!!

Good decision. The one with a soft spot for the Albion - or the slightly more miserable who works in Huddersfield ? (said with affection as I think they do a really good podcast).

After their opening game they had a Palace fan on the podcast. Called Nigel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here