Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posh Fans: graceful in defeat....

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
You have to hand it to the P'boro fans, taking a proper beating from a much better side, but still managing to remain civil. We got back to our car to find the following hand-crafted note found underneath the wiper-blade:

"f***ing cheating *****. f*** off back to bum yum land."

Comedy genuis :lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You have to hand it to the P'boro fans, taking a proper beating from a much better side, but still managing to remain civil. We got back to our car to find the following hand-crafted note found underneath the wiper-blade:

Its better than having it etched into the paintwork though!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Blimey - what does bum yum mean? Sounds like he's more familiar than I am with some sort of gay euphemism...Like they say - takes one to know one...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd love to see the face of the little scrot that did it after goals one, two oh and three. hahahaha

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11

That's disgraceful, I apologise on behalf of all respectable Posh fans.
That's four of us.
And there are x7 * in 'muppets'.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I stopped for a coffee at a Little Chef about 10 minutes out of Peterboro and sat next to a table of their fans. Have to say they were disappointingly civil. They thought Barnes and Boyd should have been sent off together (I missed the incident) and agreed that Lee and the keeper were both lucky to stay on. Their estimates of a fair result were between 3-0 and 10-0 but their anger was vented towards Johnson and his ridiculous pantomime antics slagging off his players then making this their "cup final" - they said that with that sort of pressure on an already dodgy team there was always going to be just one result. Nice blokes - proper football fans (mostly my age though which usually means that physical aggression is off the agenda) :thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

How thoughtful of them. Did they write it using a brown 'crayon'? :lolol:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Personally. I haven't got a good word to say about Peterborough. Was en-route home from a holiday up North so had to secure 2 mountain bikes outside a busy supermarket (didn't think they'd be safe on the back of the car). Locked them to a built in bike rack and wandered off to enjoy the finest footy display I've seen in ages......Got back to said car park, to find the good lady in tears talking to the police about our stolen bikes. A rather sad end to what had been a fantastic afternoon. Still very fed-up about the bikes but my God, The Albion were awesome :clap:

Sep 1, 2010
This from the BBC 606 within the last 10 mins, quality post

Some of the comments from Posh fans on this thread have been embarrassing.

The bottom line from yesterday's match is that we were outthought, outfought and totally outclassed.

The most sobering reality from the game is that I thought we were a decent footballing side beforehand but Brighton showed us what a good footballing team really looks like.

We were outclassed in every department and Brighton appear to be full value for their 8pt lead at the summit.

The rest of the division are playing for second.

We struggled in the Championship last season but I honestly don't think any team outclassed us in the manner that Brighton did yesterday, they look like the complete team to me.

They are well organised, difficult to break down, retain possession easily and efficiently, have pace, movement and vitally, a cutting edge.

We can have no complaints. Even at 11 v 11 we couldn't get anywhere near them, so the sending-off made very little difference to the outcome.

We had arguably our strongest team on the pitch (only exception is possibly Tomlin for NML) and they arguably left their best player sitting on the bench all afternoon.

A humiliating and sobering afternoon which really leaves me questioning how good (or bad) we really are.

I have probably been as guilty as anybody for over-rating our team but that won't be happening from now on.

We may still fluke our way into the play-offs but I suspect that unless we acquire a completely new defence that is unlikely to happen as we are an absolute joke at the back and the "goals against" column backs that up.

I'm going to take things one game at a time from now on and see where it takes us.

As for GJ the jury is obviously out. I still think he is as good an option as anybody to take us forward but he needs to bin this back four, and quickly, otherwise we are heading for an ultimately unsuccessful season.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
have not checked it out but sounds pretty much what ReadingPosh would say!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire

Yep and they would have plenty of time to write it out, loads of 'em left when we got our third goal......:laugh::laugh:

P.S loved the 'we're fu**ing brilliant!' chant.....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We struggled in the Championship last season but I honestly don't think any team outclassed us in the manner that Brighton did yesterday, they look like the complete team to me.

Call me utterly dellusional, but I honestly think that if we've still got Gus and all of this team in place next season we could (providing we go up this season) tear through the Championship on our way to the Premiership, we're that good.

:thumbsup: :albion1:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Call me utterly dellusional, but I honestly think that if we've still got Gus and all of this team in place next season we could (providing we go up this season) tear through the Championship on our way to the Premiership, we're that good.

Ahem......utterly dellusional :facepalm:

but it would be good wouldn't it ? :thumbsup:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

OK, we're in danger of getting ahead of ourselves here, but I think you're not far off the mark with this. This team (on current form) could easily be a top half Championship side. The big question is, can we maintain this form? If we carry on improving, keep winning, go up and add a couple more to the squad in the summer, we would have every chance next year.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We seem to have impressed the Posh fans - this too from the BBC:
"It was nothing to do with the ref yesterday, we were just beaten by the best team I've seen at London Road for months, simple as that. They impressed me more than a lot of Championship teams did last season"

Oh, I'm loving this!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The Charlton fans were just as complimentary a fortnight ago, one comment I recall;

"I've not seen passing football like that played at the Valley since we were in the Premier League".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here