Oct 25, 2003
no team does it on the level that portugal do

even ARGENTINA didn't cheat as much as them

they had the eye of the turi

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Ronaldo's dive to try & get a penalty......he couldn't have done better with a f***ing springboard!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
The difference with Italy is that they play nice football, Portugal dont.

You have to admit last night was a World class performance from them, they played beautiful football, they deserved to win in the end.

Wish England could play like the italians.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
What the f*** was all that about. No-one within 2 yards of Malouda and they're going ape-shit.

Oct 25, 2003
exactly, just another example of their blatent cheating

a final with them in it would be a total piss poor advert for football

"cheat and you can win"

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Getting really pissed off with this now. If Portugal make it to the final it will be a disgrace.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Berty_G said:
Italy i think must be up there somewhere

Not last night they weren't. I was very impressed by the lack of diving from them when they are so renowned for it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You could here a pin drop round here.

I live just down the round from London's biggest Portugeuse population and have many Portugeuse neighbours.

South Lambeth road between Stockwell and Vauxhall is known as Little Portugal.

Great people by the way, and I seen many cars displaying both St.Georges flags and their own.

...but its very, very quiet round here tonight.

1066gull

see, we cant stop talking about them.

Ignore them if you couldnt care about them!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyone here remember the antics of the Barcelona team of the early 1980s, especially in the European Super Cup matches against Aston Villa? Would knock Portugal's behaviour into a cocked hat.

Doesn't stop Portugal from still being considered as behaving like arseholes though.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Portugal is the nicest country I have ever been to and the people are lovely. However I would like to hot lunch their entire football team and especially big Phil spunk bomb.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Les Biehn said:
Portugal is the nicest country I have ever been to and the people are lovely.

Must admit I agree with that. The best family holiday we've had was in The Algarve. The people were charming, and the food spectacularly good.

But their footy team? Has anyone actually noticed amongst all the niggling and diving, they are not actually very good? OK, I know they knocked us out (albeit on pens though), but face it, they failed to score against 10 men for about an hour. And as Shearer I think it was said tonight, I think they could have played for another 4 hours and I don't think they would have scored against us or France.

Portugal is Britain's oldest ally - this goes back to 1386 when England allied itself permanently with Portugal after English archers helped to secure the Portuguese throne from the Spanish.

Cristian Ronaldo - a man so legendary he's wiped out more than 600 years of history :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here