Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portugal reports

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Not a criticism at all but what is the reason put forward for the trip to portugal.i.e how will it be of benefit on a trip to some northern shithouse in winter.

Watch the Gus interview on seagulls world, to be fair he does a pretty good job of selling it. I can see why Tony agreed to send the them on a jolly up in portugal :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
0,,10433~8910843,00.jpg

No wonder Murray has Hernia problems!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not a criticism at all but what is the reason put forward for the trip to portugal.i.e how will it be of benefit on a trip to some northern shithouse in winter.

Team bonding, shared experiences, makes them feel a bit special, it is standard team-building. Could have done it in Bognor. Would it have the same beneficial effect ? I doubt it.

Carry on Gus.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Accordin to the argus the team for tonight is

Poke
Calderon
Greer
Elphick
Painter
Navarro
Kishishev
Sparrow
Bennett
Murray
Barnes

Apparently 3 man midfield with Bennet and Barnes playing wide in a 433. Is this our best team?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't suppose there is anywhere to listen to the match?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Apparently you can pay 2.99 to listen to it on the Sunderland website, hoping that they put it on seagulls player as well but not holding my breath.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Accordin to the argus the team for tonight is

Poke
Calderon
Greer
Elphick
Painter
Navarro
Kishishev
Sparrow
Bennett
Murray
Barnes

Apparently 3 man midfield with Bennet and Barnes playing wide in a 433. Is this our best team?

We have been playing a 4-3-3/4-5-1 in pre-season a lot, but I think with that line-up Poyet will revert to 4-4-2 with Barnes and Murray upfront. Bennett on the right then Sparrow, Kish and Navarro swapping places on the left

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We have been playing a 4-3-3/4-5-1 in pre-season a lot, but I think with that line-up Poyet will revert to 4-4-2 with Barnes and Murray upfront. Bennett on the right then Sparrow, Kish and Navarro swapping places on the left

Yep, OS states a 442.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
You can't assume anything. 'Possible line-up' means just that.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Told there could be 2000 Sunderland at game tonight, here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here