Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just got back from Fratton Park seeing Barnet outplay Pompey and thoroughly deserved their win; it SHOULD have been more. Hopefully the highlights on Sky will show that. They really looked a poor side and it was their first team. Kitson and Varney were awful up front. They're there for the taking at the moment.

A couple of pointers towards Saturday. The stewards were quite aggressive tonight and threw out a couple of Barnet fans for standing up after being told to sit down a few times. Completely OTT. I just hope there aren't similar actions on Saturday. They wanted to make their presence known. Portsmouth fans were very friendly even after the match and there wasn't any hint of trouble. It could be different in four days considering it's a local derby though. Your stereotypical Pompey fan does have tattoo's and a beer gut! Great old skool ground. Cor, you can't half make some noise in that away end. :clap:

Macprawn

Jun 1, 2011
Going Saturday any idea what pubs to go to for away fans is it better to get off train before fratton park or go further on for a beer?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Going Saturday any idea what pubs to go to for away fans is it better to get off train before fratton park or go further on for a beer?

Stopped in Worthing for a few then on to Chichester, which is a really nice place with a couple of good pubs. One right by the station (the Globe). Fratton had a social club open called Rifles so we went in there when we arrived about 7pm, just down from the station. There was a laid-back feel round there. However, Saturday could be very different considering it's a derby match. A few Barnet fans were impressed with The Good Companion pub which did good food they said.

It's difficult what to recommend. Pubs probably won't be quite as welcoming on Saturday round there but if you're in a small group you should be ok in most of them.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
if you want decent bars to go to the only place in Portsmouth is Gunwharf Quays, shopping destination but if you have time its a great place for a few beers in the sun..
I remember a few years back seeing a couple of lads in Liverpool tops in Portsmouth (not on a match day) getting loads of hassle from youths.
They are a one club city for sure.
Be careful in traditional pubs near the ground as a lot of Portsmouth men are stuck in 1983!!
They are the ones that call eachother moosh a lot "alrite moosh"

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
I have a pompey workmate that I asked about pubs, he recommended The Good Companions. Walking distance to the ground, landlords welcome both sets of fans, friendly with good food is what he said

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
if you want decent bars to go to the only place in Portsmouth is Gunwharf Quays, shopping destination but if you have time its a great place for a few beers in the sun..
I remember a few years back seeing a couple of lads in Liverpool tops in Portsmouth (not on a match day) getting loads of hassle from youths.
They are a one club city for sure.
Be careful in traditional pubs near the ground as a lot of Portsmouth men are stuck in 1983!!
They are the ones that call eachother moosh a lot "alrite moosh"

I think I'm planning on going to Albert Road in Southsea for my pre-match drinks.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Stopped in Worthing for a few then on to Chichester, which is a really nice place with a couple of good pubs. One right by the station (the Globe).

I live in Chichester and The Globe is a TERRIBLE shout. Head down South Street straight towards town (from the platform you arrive at in Chi, cross the road) you'll come across The Vestry on the left..which is a better call. The Globe is alright for football I guess, but a far better crowd in The Vestry. Would recommend Chichester as a stop off on way to Portsmouth.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A couple of pointers towards Saturday. The stewards were quite aggressive tonight and threw out a couple of Barnet fans for standing up after being told to sit down a few times. Completely OTT. I just hope there aren't similar actions on Saturday:

Why is that OTT? They were asked to sit a number of times, the stewards have a job to do,which they are paid to do, which they are trained to do, and which the club must do to meet FA regulations. Regardless of what we all want and think about it, it is not OTT for them to do their job.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Why is that OTT? They were asked to sit a number of times, the stewards have a job to do,which they are paid to do, which they are trained to do, and which the club must do to meet FA regulations. Regardless of what we all want and think about it, it is not OTT for them to do their job.

In an end populated by a few hundred Barnet fans? Sounds like jobsworths to me. I shall make sure that you remain in your seat on saturday!

And Durlston, congrats to the Bees!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here