Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth unlikely to lose points !!!!!!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't going into administration an automatic 10 point deduction any more then? This is poor old long suffering Pompey though so they'll probably bend the rules again. Not this time sunshine :angry:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
No one wants to see a club go bust, but maybe it needs to happen to draw a line under this sort of thing. They're not getting it, so make them start again like Aldershot. There is a way back for the "best fans in the world".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No one wants to see a club go bust, but maybe it needs to happen to draw a line under this sort of thing. They're not getting it
Why would making a club go bust make any difference? It's not the fans that are doing this, it's dodgy businessmen, and as we (more than anyone) should know we can't simply stop these bastards buying and ruining our clubs. Making one club bust won't stop the businessmen taking risks and doing the same thing with the next club.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why would making a club go bust make any difference? It's not the fans that are doing this, it's dodgy businessmen, and as we (more than anyone) should know we can't simply stop these bastards buying and ruining our clubs. Making one club bust won't stop the businessmen taking risks and doing the same thing with the next club.

Amen Brother

Isn't going into administration an automatic 10 point deduction any more then? This is poor old long suffering Pompey though so they'll probably bend the rules again. Not this time sunshine :angry:

As of yet the club haven't gone into administration though. The company that owns them has. This happened to Southampton, but in that case the firm that owned them was simply a holding company (which was invented to attempt to get around the 10 point deduction rule) with the football club as the only asset. In the Portsmouth case the firm owned several assets, only one of which is the football club. Until the club itself goes into administration (which will happen if a buyer cannot be found pronto) then they won't have the penalty applied.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The major difference is that the Holding Company for Southampton, owned the players contracts. That is why they were inextricably linked.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As of yet the club haven't gone into administration though. The company that owns them has. This happened to Southampton, but in that case the firm that owned them was simply a holding company (which was invented to attempt to get around the 10 point deduction rule) with the football club as the only asset. In the Portsmouth case the firm owned several assets, only one of which is the football club. Until the club itself goes into administration (which will happen if a buyer cannot be found pronto) then they won't have the penalty applied.

Ahh right, thanks for clarifying. Just a matter of time then, probably.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
To be fair, I wouldn't trust anything that Andrew Andronikou had to say on the matter as he is palpably not an impartial commentator on the subject.

I agree. I always thought Administrators were supposed to be acting for the creditors not the purchasers so how come he has now cropped up again acting for the people that he originally sold to? It stinks (as usual with Portsmouth) and I wouldn't believe a word he says.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

As much as I detest Pompey, Triggaaar speaks the truth.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A 15 or 17 points deduction when they do go into administration AGAIN unless the FL come up with the idea that going bust whilst in the Premier League doesn't count.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As long as they get a big enough points deduction so that I can win the bet with my Pompey supporting mate .
It`s not the principal it`s the money.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

Sorry, I disagree. Too many clubs see it as a way out and that needs to be stopped. The 10 point penalty deterrent clearly isn't working, so the worst needs to happen and hopefully make other owners keep their clubs in better order.

The football league also need to tighten up their fit and proper person test, as the Pompey "owners" have a very suspect history, yet were still allowed to swan in and save the club.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The club isn't in administration but with the holding company in admin they could still get a points deduction as Southampton did when their holding company when into admin. However, unless a buyer is found quickly then Pompy will run out of cash (again) and will then go into Admin and trigger a points deduction. The fit and proper test is a utter pile of crap. Almost anyone could be 'fit and proper', clearly you don't need to have proof of funds or asked if you have any dodgy dealings.

Football League
Dear Mr...... do you have any money
Wanna be Chairman
Yes

FL
Thats good then

WBC
Phew

FL
Are you involved in any criminal activity or have parents that are international arms smugglers?

WBC
No

FL
Thats' good then

WBC
Phew

FL
Well done you have passed our test and you may take control of ..... Football Club

WBC
Now I can start laundering money until ... Football Club has served my purpose.

D

Deleted member 18477

Wouldn't mind seeing them get a points deduction. Pompey, Coventry and Doncaster bottom 3 then you'd expect... I dont want them to go bust but a points deduction would virtually make Brghton safe!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
The club isn't in administration but with the holding company in admin they could still get a points deduction as Southampton did when their holding company when into admin. However, unless a buyer is found quickly then Pompy will run out of cash (again) and will then go into Admin and trigger a points deduction. The fit and proper test is a utter pile of crap. Almost anyone could be 'fit and proper', clearly you don't need to have proof of funds or asked if you have any dodgy dealings.

Football League
Dear Mr...... do you have any money
Wanna be Chairman
Yes

FL
Thats good then

WBC
Phew

FL
Are you involved in any criminal activity or have parents that are international arms smugglers?

WBC
No

FL
Thats' good then

WBC
Phew

FL
Well done you have passed our test and you may take control of ..... Football Club

WBC
Now I can start laundering money until ... Football Club has served my purpose.

and lets hope they actually get the points deduction this time. Last time they went down anyway meaning the deduction meant nothing. League 1 with minus 10 I say, just like we had. But at least we had infrastructure to build on.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
and lets hope they actually get the points deduction this time. Last time they went down anyway meaning the deduction meant nothing. League 1 with minus 10 I say, just like we had. But at least we had infrastructure to build on.

Ah ha....united in our contempt for Portsmouth FC!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here