Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth the worst team to play at The Amex.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They were by no means the worst side that we've played this season. Without the points deduction they would be 6 or 7 places higher in the table.

What did they do that impressed you as I thought they were absolutely awful with no skill or idea whatsoever. They wouldnt have had a shot yet alone scored if we were still playing now.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
f*** pompey
f*** the caterers
f*** the stewards.

in fact....

just f***.
off

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Peterborough were very poor, but created more chances than pompey, i think pompey were one of the worst teams to play although the 2 teams we beat by the bigger scorelines were southampton and ipswich who were alot better than them despite the scoreline

Poppycock Peterborough were very good up until the final third. Bristol city & Coventry were far worse.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What did they do that impressed you as I thought they were absolutely awful with no skill or idea whatsoever. They wouldnt have had a shot yet alone scored if we were still playing now.

I didnt say they impressed me but that they were by no means the worst side that we've played this season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I didnt say they impressed me but that they were by no means the worst side that we've played this season.
On par with Gillingham. Not the worst. They got back quickly and Brezovan had to save a shot that would have gone in and might have done if Ankergen got his positioning mixed up.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought Ipswich were the worst team we have played this season, tactically. Completely inept. We absolute urinated all over them all match, they were completely devoid of ideas! Most teams come here and either do a Cardiff and allow us to have the ball until we get into the final third, or they do a West Ham and push right up and don't allow us to play out from the back at all. Ipswich weren't clever enough to do either, they were completely hopeless tactically and it was so easy for us. I thought Barnsley were ok against us, we were just far superior. Coventry were crap, no arguments there but we only won 2-1, so they can't have been THAT bad.

Burnley deserve a mention. That first 10 minutes is the best I have seen from a Brighton team. They had absolutely no idea how to handle us, Eddie Howe was sweating buckets on the touchline. He could see that they weren't set up right, Harley, LuaLua and Barnes were getting into space for the fun of it and Bridcutt was having an absolute stormer, passing it around like you wouldn't believe. And then it all went Pete Tong.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's been more than a few games when I've thought the Albion were the worst team ever to play at the Amex, in terms of turgid build-up play. Today wasn't one of those games.

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
They sucked cock and we slowly fed it to them. 2-0 thank you very much £47.50 winning bet ! Get in. Another amazing day at the Amex ;)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Bit harsh I think, With the players they have, they set up not to conceed and for a time it looked loke they may frustrate us, but for the Vicente show...

Worst team at the Amex was West Ham by a country mile, they were f***ing awful and very very boring

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Absolute shit, hoof it up to big lump up front, what ever the f*** his name was! Thought one of the CB'S was their best player, whatever the f*** his name was as well, very composed!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I thought they did well to close down our midfield in the first half. Oddly until the goal I thought they might steal it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Definitely the worst apart from Burnley, Barnsley, Doncaster, Forest, Coventry, Doncaster, Sunderland and Gillingham :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here