Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth fc - a rant. Might get me banned but has to be done

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Is it true they are now trying to worm out of the 20p in the pound they owe?

If so, shocking, truly shocking.

Agreed.

Unfortunately I think many on here are to young to remember Fans United / those last couple of years of struggle at the Goldstone and all the support we recieved from other clubs. Either that or they did not follow the club the club in those years.

For me some of the most memorable, passion filled, and in some ways enjoyable years of being an Albion supporter, not that we would want to go through it again, OR WISH IT ON ANY OTHER TEAM / SUPPORTER.

The comradship was fantastic.

Good Luck with your post count.
One of the things that Fans United achieved was that it redefined football.

Football is the FANS, not the owners.

Let's not allow that to be forgotten.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Agreed.

Unfortunately I think many on here are to young to remember Fans United / those last couple of years of struggle at the Goldstone and all the support we recieved from other clubs. Either that or they did not follow the club the club in those years.

For me some of the most memorable, passion filled, and in some ways enjoyable years of being an Albion supporter, not that we would want to go through it again, OR WISH IT ON ANY OTHER TEAM / SUPPORTER.

The comradship was fantastic.

Good Luck with your post count.

I don't want to see ANY club go through that, I will always remember the solidarity other fans showed us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I may well be alone here, but I thought the Pompey fans were vaguely amusing yesterday once it became obvious they were being outplayed and were never going to win.

The ironic olé's when they passed to one of their own players, chanting "off off off" when another of their players got booked, and the excellently funny "what the f***ing hell was that" when their right back (I think) f***ed up and let the ball out trying to control it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I think you will find that, as with all clubs, they have some very decent supporters as well as some numbskulls.

The same is certainly true of our own club. At most away games I go to there are some so called Albion "fans" who embarrass the hell out of me. Nothing buck drunken animals.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Regrettably they are currently owned by a money lender in lieu of the debt he is owed and he will certainly not invest further but will bleed every last asset (not that they have much) until someone pays him enough to walk away.

Tough on the fans who see it but no sympathy at all for those who think it is still a big club

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
1/10 Barely registers as a rant. No matter how much hatred towards a football team I have I would never want them to go out of existence.

Weren't we close to going out of business during those dark days, our corrupt owners not paying tax, winding up orders here, there and everywhere. Putting it into perspective, I dont believe the points deduction system really acts as a deterrent. Depending on their league position at the time some clubs have been seen to use this system to their benefit. Relegation by 2 divisions to me would seem like a suitable punishment. This should be mandatory, no ifs, no buts, no maybe's. As mentioned in one of my previous posts, bumped into quite a few of their fans in the City centre pubs yesterday both before and after the game. Pre-match, they didn't fancy their chances that much and post match they were nothing other than complimentary about our style of play.

In summary its not the fault of their fans, but their previous and current foreign board members (Storrie obviously being English) who show nothing but utter contempt for our tax system. May I suggest that these recent spate of tax protesters pop down to Fratton Park one matchday to air their grieviences !! Good luck with that project. If I was a Sheff Weds fan, with Mandaric around I would be truly concerned

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Like us with Archer and Bellotti, it took quite some time before the 'truth' dawned and as a club, the fans united and fought Archer. As I mentioned in my previous post, we went to the play-off final at Wembley with ..?...25-30,000 supporters...happy to enjoy the hoped for future success and nobody seriously questioning how all this could be afforded or WTF Archer was doing.

Don't want to be pedantic but neither Bellotti or Archer were at the club when we got to the Play Off final. Greg Stanley was involved with the board but not in charge. I believe they both arrived the season after we got relegated. Albion fans started to suspect something was up when The Argus broke news that The Goldstone was being sold, and mobilised very quickly, however at least the men in charge were accessable being from this country, how you would effectvey protest against the mess at Pompey when you never really know who's in charge?

I think their only hope is to fold and reform in the non leagues.

Having perused a number of Portsmouth FCs forums there seems to be a growing realisation from their fans that a 'new' club formed by real Portsmouth supporters in League 2 is the only viable solution.....apparently something that was offered last year but did not have enough support or understanding from their supporters at the time.

Reforming in League 2 was never an option. If you go bust you have to start again right at the bottom of the Pyramid.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
I don't particularly have a problem with the club, i don't like them, that is true but i wouldn't want them to go out of existence.

One person i do f***ing hate is Liam f***ing Laurence, i don't have a particular reason to hate him, it's just the look of him, looks like an arrogant wanker who's in it solely for the money. The way he thinks he's better than everyone, f***ing prick.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
8 years of top flight football, Europe, 2 Cup Finals and an FA Cup.

I think their fans have had it pretty good these last few years off the back of their clubs thieving. f*** em.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
One person i do f***ing hate is Liam f***ing Laurence, i don't have a particular reason to hate him, it's just the look of him, looks like an arrogant wanker who's in it solely for the money. The way he thinks he's better than everyone, f***ing prick.

I am glad there is someone else out there who shares my view.

He is a fucktard bellend. He whinged from start to finish yesterday like a big time charlie, prima donna who felt he was better than every other player on that pitch. The highlight of the day was when he tripped himself up and moaned to the ref that he had been hacked down and then decided he had, had enough and feigned injury.

Liam Lawrence, you are a disgrace.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I HATE THEM WITH EVERY FIBRE OF MY VERY BEING. I HATE THEM SO MUCH I WANT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM TO DIE A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH. Is that enough hatred? No, I don't really care about them. Fair play though, they seem to be pretty adept at not paying taxes.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I am glad there is someone else out there who shares my view.

He is a fucktard bellend. He whinged from start to finish yesterday like a big time charlie, prima donna who felt he was better than every other player on that pitch. The highlight of the day was when he tripped himself up and moaned to the ref that he had been hacked down and then decided he had, had enough and feigned injury.

Liam Lawrence, you are a disgrace.

Remind you of Darren Huckerby by any chance ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here