Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth cant afford to pay for a scan for one of there injured players

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
That was my initial thought, but on reflection, I imagine if you want it on the nhs you have to join a waiting list, if you pay, you can get it done privately now. Given fitness is an important part of the job, footballers generally can't wait. Especially if it dictates treatment.

Really? Last time I was in hospital for my knee, I had to have meniscus trimmed down. Was offered that day in 2 hours, but I had to decline and wait a day so I could let work know....depends entirely where you're from.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Those of you mentioning the parachute payments - isn't there a good chance Pompey have charged those / assigned them over to someone else in exchange for a lump of money when they were relegated?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I thought hes on £20k a week and seeing as they're not paying their taxes they can f*** off from using the NHS

Spot on there.

These players also do all they can to avoid paying their own personal share of taxes so they can all f*** off.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Just trying to drum up sympathy for the club.

It's not exactly life or even career threatening that he doesn't have a scan. Just rest it, put some ice on it if need be, just like any of us would do. May add a week or two to the recovery period but so what.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
If there bank accounts have been frozen, surely no one employed within the club would have been paid. So by refusing to offload huge earners like Lawrence & Kitson, lower paid employees working in admin, ticket office, club shop etc are unlikely to have been paid.

Any sympathy for this club has been eroded but there complete refusal to deal with there situation.

Lawrence should pay for scan himself.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Pompey now in administration, 10 points deducted

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If there bank accounts have been frozen, surely no one employed within the club would have been paid. So by refusing to offload huge earners like Lawrence & Kitson, lower paid employees working in admin, ticket office, club shop etc are unlikely to have been paid.

Any sympathy for this club has been eroded but there complete refusal to deal with there situation.

Lawrence should pay for scan himself.

Just been announced Pompey are in administration , by the way they applied for a court validation on Monday to release specific monies to enable the game against Leicester to go ahead , presumably to pay the leccy bill so the floodlights were on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Here is what I honestly don't understand about Pompey. They're getting 1M a month from the EPL as parachute payments for up to 4 years. They are therefore guaranteed 12M quid a year for years with no strings attached (other than staying in business). Add ST, TV Money, Sponsorship, General Ticket Sales, Merchandise, Cup Money and they MUST be bringing in 20M a year. How have they found themselves in this mess (again), when their financial base MUST be better than 90% of any other club in the Championship AND for years to come???

Its not paid like that.

They get £16m the first year, £16m the second year, £8m the third year and £8m the 4th year. I THINK its paid in quarterly chunks, but they've already had an advance of a couple of mill on the next instalment.

Most football clubs outside the Prem could comfortably survive with that kind of income hitting the coffers for the next 4 years, unless they have completely and utterly RUINED themselves like this mob have through massively overspending on players and forgetting to pay their PAYE to HMRC.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
THEIR!

Learn English, even if THICK is your first language

The teachers do not bother to correct common spelling mistakes with school kids written work any-more because it might affect their self esteem.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its not paid like that.

They get £16m the first year, £16m the second year, £8m the third year and £8m the 4th year. I THINK its paid in quarterly chunks, but they've already had an advance of a couple of mill on the next instalment.

Most football clubs outside the Prem could comfortably survive with that kind of income hitting the coffers for the next 4 years, unless they have completely and utterly RUINED themselves like this mob have through massively overspending on players and forgetting to pay their PAYE to HMRC.

Blackpool have done it , Pompey believe they should be back in the Premier League at any cost , they've raked in the millions from being in the top league and like a crack addict need a quick fix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here