Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portslade

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Does anyone on here live in Portslade?

Am browsing rightmove.co.uk atm, cos I'm considering a move back to Brighton area in next year or two, but I know nothing about Portslade area - it seems more affordable than other parts of town. Is it a pain in the arse to get into Brighton / London from there? Much to do in terms of bars, restaurants?

Are there any other areas of Brighton you'd advise looking at?

Any help greatly appreciated, cheers :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
Much to do in terms of bars, restaurants?

There's a Wimpy and 2 pubs near the station:lolol:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
It's a dump

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
ex boyfriend used to live there, somone got shot outsie his flat (shame it wasn't him):)

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
eastlondonseagull said:
Does anyone on here live in Portslade?

Am browsing rightmove.co.uk atm, cos I'm considering a move back to Brighton area in next year or two, but I know nothing about Portslade area - it seems more affordable than other parts of town. Is it a pain in the arse to get into Brighton / London from there? Much to do in terms of bars, restaurants?

Are there any other areas of Brighton you'd advise looking at?

Any help greatly appreciated, cheers :thumbsup:

Tim, its not bad mate. Very easy to get trains or buses into brighton and therefore London if required. To be honest the bars are a bit shitty and there's no real restraurants to speak of but Hove is only 5 mins on the bus and is a lot better than it used to be. Obviously some parts of Portslade are better than others and there are parts that are a right dive but in the whole its not a bad place. On the downside me & bha.fatboy live within walking distance of it - not together you understand! When you find a place your interested in let us know and I cab tell you about it - I was born there and have lived near for most of my 32 years.

Mar 24, 2005
it's not as bad as people make out. It's convenient for supermarkets and there are direct trains to London Victoria hourly. No nice pubs though. Lots of Kebab shops after a night out in Btn however.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice place and you'll be near the action - Shoreham :clap2: :clap2:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: Portslade

chez said:
Tim, its not bad mate. Very easy to get trains or buses into brighton and therefore London if required. To be honest the bars are a bit shitty and there's no real restraurants to speak of but Hove is only 5 mins on the bus and is a lot better than it used to be. Obviously some parts of Portslade are better than others and there are parts that are a right dive but in the whole its not a bad place. On the downside me & bha.fatboy live within walking distance of it - not together you understand! When you find a place your interested in let us know and I cab tell you about it - I was born there and have lived near for most of my 32 years.

Cheers fella, only browsing atm, but seen a few reasonable prices down that way!

Mar 24, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Portslade

chez said:
Oh yeah forgot about that one, next door to se7en Eleven isnt it. Never tried it though, any good?

They have 13.99 all-you-can-eat nights during the week. Good value, nice food...until you start on the Tiger/Singha beer then the bill sky rockets:drink:

Quality take away:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Whistlestop pub by the station does Thai food.
One of our managers left in April and they put on a Thai buffet which was excellent.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Portslade

Berk (of 'Trapdoor' fame) said:
...Oriental Village near the station isn't bad.

I went there and it was utter shit!
the pubs in Portscum are shite, access to brighton/london is alright as the station is on the london line. bus into brighton takes about 20mins if that...if you can get around the shitness then its an OK place...theres worse!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
cardboard said:
Mile Oak is nice!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Apart from the fact that Dave the Gaffer lives there. :lolol:

Portslade is fine. I grew up there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My Uncle was a curate just down the road in Southwick - good area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here