Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eden Lake.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Blimey, during the 80's I used to wander around Victoria Park without a care in the world.

There really does need a complete rethink on society and that includes all of us. Perhaps there should be some kind of cross Govt thinking on it, cos quite clearly no one Govt has a clue. Also sentences need to be a lot stiffer. You only have to watch those crime reports to see the laughable setences.

Hope the poor guy pulls through.

Sep 25, 2008
The victim is actually my younger Brother and my family have lived in Brighton and Hove for over 70 years and we have never had anything like this happen to us so we are all shocked by whats happened.

I used to live next Victoria Park and always thought it was an ok area. I think the people involved were locals but obviously an exception to the majority of people that live in that area.

He still remains critical but we all hope he makes a full recovery and is around for a lot longer.

Thank you for your wishes

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Pretty shocked by this, i used to live in Trafalgar Road just round the corner. It always seemed nice and safe, just the old drunks sitting in the shelter sometimes.

Wish him well for a speedy recovery

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eden Lake.

It's a british horror film, happy couple go to eden lake for a weekend away, and kids make their time there unpleasant, they ask them to be a bit more respectful, things escalate - leading to torture and murder.

It's a commentary on modern society and the lack of boundaries, morals, the vioence from children and pretty much everything people are saying.

I wasn't that impressed with it, myself, but I had trouble with my blu ray player when I rented it and was watching through my laptop. It's held in quite high esteem by a lot of people though, so don't let my feelings sway you on it.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Detectives are particularly keen to speak to a group of seven teenagers aged 16 or 17 who witnessed the assault as well as anyone who saw any “unusual behaviour” inside or outside the park at about the same time as the attack.

I don't understand why they didn't help the bloke out.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Detectives are particularly keen to speak to a group of seven teenagers aged 16 or 17 who witnessed the assault as well as anyone who saw any “unusual behaviour” inside or outside the park at about the same time as the attack.

I don't understand why they didn't help the bloke out.

You don't ? I know it's wrong but it's a sign of the times that not many people would these days, I know it's unlikely that I would. Why would you wade into a scenario that you know nothing about only to get accused of assault by one of the thugs later (or possibly knifed, if the media is anything to go by)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
You don't ? I know it's wrong but it's a sign of the times that not many people would these days, I know it's unlikely that I would. Why would you wade into a scenario that you know nothing about only to get accused of assault by one of the thugs later (or possibly knifed, if the media is anything to go by)

I agree. Got no idea what the situation is. He could have raped one of their mates, or family for all we know. Sure smacking him about isn't the best way to go about things. But don't see any reason why those 16/17 year olds should have got involved.

I'd be VERY suprised if it was a random attack. I'd say there's something behind it.

Sep 25, 2008
I can assure he didnt know these guys whatsoever and it was a bit more then "smacking him about a bit" and that is why he is still fighting for his life. Sorry to suprise you!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Although I lived in Mile oak and Fishersgate for some while my son and myself very often used Victoria park as it was normally very quiet, this is a sign of the times we live in.

Hope the guy recovers fully.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Hope he pulls through. Best wishes.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The victim is actually my younger Brother and my family have lived in Brighton and Hove for over 70 years and we have never had anything like this happen to us so we are all shocked by whats happened.

I used to live next Victoria Park and always thought it was an ok area. I think the people involved were locals but obviously an exception to the majority of people that live in that area.

He still remains critical but we all hope he makes a full recovery and is around for a lot longer.

Thank you for your wishes

All the best to you & the family from me & my lot in Lower Bev. Needless to say, we get loads of conflicting stories but the main thing is they we hope he gets through this.

Oh, & I still feel bad about the greasy handshake last time we met, although i'm sure you've sussed me anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here