Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Port Vale vs Albion

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Did'nt turn up in the first half and were deseveredly 2-0 down even if the penalty was never a penalty in a million years.

Henderson was at fault for the first goal IMHO and never came for a cross in the game and didn'nt see,m to shout at his defenders either.

If we had played like we did for the last 30min from the start the game would have been a totaly different story and a positive result acheived.

But at least Burslem looked good with all the christmas lights on :rolleyes:

I actually thought we played better than we did last week, absolutely dominated for two-thirds of the game.

These sloppy starts are costing us though, Wilkins must be be a bit pissed off that the team do not play straight from the whistle but are giving the opposition unnecessary starts.

Thought the midfield went well today, controlled things for much of the game, their much vaunted playmaker Sonner barely got a kick of the ball, and Alistair John was probably our best player. Sloppy first goal from a poor clearance (galling) - and the pen was about the harshest you'll see (home town reffing).

My one other big disappointment was that the front two Revell and Robinson didn't quite fire today. Revell missed a total sitter early on but Robinson couldn't get into the game at all. For me, this shows that we do need some competition for these two if we really are going to make a push for the play-offs. Hopefully our new striker will provide that.

But all in all, a decent performance today that deserved more.

Have to say Port Vale don't look that great, solid defenders but very little flair outside "King" Constantine, who will surely be off in the window. Would expect us to beat these lot at Withdean and finish higher in the table than them, no disrespect to an honest Vale team.

Had a quick listen to the Vale phone-in - and to prove these phone-ins really are the same everywhere, it was just lots of fans moaning that Leon doesn't work hard enough even though he scores bucketloads in League 1 :lol:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
I actually thought we played better than we did last week, absolutely dominated for two-thirds of the game.

These sloppy starts are costing us though, Wilkins must be be a bit pissed off that the team do not play straight from the whistle but are giving the opposition unnecessary starts.

Thought the midfield went well today, controlled things for much of the game, their much vaunted playmaker Sonner barely got a kick of the ball, and Alistair John was probably our best player. Sloppy first goal from a poor clearance (galling) - and the pen was about the harshest you'll see (home town reffing).

My one other big disappointment was that the front two Revell and Robinson didn't quite fire today. Revell missed a total sitter early on but Robinson couldn't get into the game at all. For me, this shows that we do need some competition for these two if we really are going to make a push for the play-offs. Hopefully our new striker will provide that.

But all in all, a decent performance today that deserved more.

Have to say Port Vale don't look that great, solid defenders but very little flair outside "King" Constantine, who will surely be off in the window. Would expect us to beat these lot at Withdean and finish higher in the table than them, no disrespect to an honest Vale team.

Had a quick listen to the Vale phone-in - and to prove these phone-ins really are the same everywhere, it was just lots of fans moaning that Leon doesn't work hard enough even though he scores bucketloads in League 1 :lol:

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here