Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Port Vale, not down yet, good or bad ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I see Port Vale are still in with a chance of staying up having put paid to what was left of Orient's Play Off hopes, is this good or bad for us ?

On paper this should be a home banker but had Vale had nothing to play for they might have been tougher to beat as they would be relaxed. On the other hand while they still have a glimmer of hope how much fight have they got ? We've had two handsome results but we must win this one and preferably at a canter as Goal Difference could give us an edge come May.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Good for us.

The more they need the win and the harder they try, the more nervous they'll be, the more we can exploit them, I think.

Badly put, but I know what I mean. :drunk:

and the more up for it we will have to be, from here on in we dont need to switch off for a game...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
as long as it is not a case of typical brighton - really good run of result against our rivals, only to slip up against a side that is just waiting for the day they are relegated

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We are not a brilliant side who can switch it on and off when we feel like it, so we will have to be on our metal from the word go. If our attitude is right we will win by 2 clear goals. A brace from 'One in Ten'

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If Wilkins reminds the team about the mansfield & Cheltenham (a) games then we should do weel.

Have never liked PV and would love to see us beat them & beat them well. sending them down would make it that much sweeter.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Vale will surely need to win the game, a draw won't be enough. Therefore they won't sit with 11 behind the ball and therefore we will win at a canter.

In theory anyway:)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
PV result today was a brilliant one for us. Orient would have been just a point behind us if they'd won.

Also had PV gone down today, I would have been worried about next week - teams seem to always win the next game once they're down. Dead cat bounce and all that.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Yeah along with loads of other JD classics. One of my all time favourite bands, and definitely the darkest. Sadly never saw them live.

Anyway back to the subject of the thread.............

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Makes no difference, I think they know they are doomed. One point to note: we always play well against the better teams and sometimes struggle against teams like Vale. I think we will shade it 1-0!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here