Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Population of West Sussex higher than Montenegro...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still can't beat them, pathetic..

Whether we leave Roony at home or not, Euro 2012 will be another flop.

We've qualified, but tonight was another national embarrasement...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not really, Montenagro took part in the 1998 and 2006 World Cup's. They are not a bad side.

I'm not normally prone to pedantry, but Montenegro didn't achieve independance until 3 June 2006, which was a bit late to qualify for either of those tournaments.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm not normally prone to pedantry, but Montenegro didn't achieve independance until 3 June 2006, which was a bit late to qualify for either of those tournaments.

I think you will find that the territory, and nation of Montenagro competed in 1998 and 2006. That is Pedantry of the highest order.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
we are in the finals that is all that matters....

Car flags. Tabloids praising our 'heroes'. Pubs full of 'Sky TV experts'. Inept displays. Players grizzling that they are bored of their PS3s. Tabloids calling treason when knocked out. The heroes have landed. Wimps shame England etc.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
20+ times the population of Liechtenstein.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If they had the same proportion of Rooney's as we had they'd be crap

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't we won the group.haven't we done what we set out to do.

What would happen if England won the euros?

The country would be in a financial mess because the media depends on England failing,That is why they build them up so much
so when they fail they can rip them to shreds.
If England won then there is no story

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Nah, I think there'd still be a pretty big story...

The England rugby team has reached the last two world cup finals winning 1.The only stories being shown about England during this world cup are about what trouble the players get into when they go out.

The fact that yet again England are in the quarter finals of the world cup is not worth stating.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Because football games are won by population...

England just qualified for Euro 2012, but some people will whinge about anything.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't we won the group.haven't we done what we set out to do.

What would happen if England won the euros?

The country would be in a financial mess because the media depends on England failing,That is why they build them up so much
so when they fail they can rip them to shreds.
If England won then there is no story

I cannot subscribe to your point of view. England will not win and if we have anything scarier than Montenegro what do we do? There are Spain's and Germany's and Italy's and Holland's out there. So instead of embarrassing ourselves at quali stage we just lose to the best nations in Europe, again. Do you seriously think we will be a threat in the Champs? It has nothing to do with the press ripping us to shreds and everything to do with how totally inept we are at international level. Shit even Man U were found out last season by Barcelona. About time we realised how far our football is behind other nations.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
The England rugby team has reached the last two world cup finals winning 1.The only stories being shown about England during this world cup are about what trouble the players get into when they go out.

The fact that yet again England are in the quarter finals of the world cup is not worth stating.

I'm finding it quite funny that the England Rugby team are getting the kind of tabloid treatment our football players get 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Which is MASSIVELY hypocritical of me seeing as I can't stand the way the tabloid press act.

And of course getting the QFs of the rugby world cup is a non story. There are probably as many if not more top class football sides in Europe alone compared to top class Rugby teams in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here