Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pope getting all the queers wound up and that

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well no need to be all controversial here but no one has come out with the fact that being homosexual isn't actually natural. If you look at it from a scientific point of veiw and not a religious one, bieing homosexual will mean that you will die out. Correct me if i am wrong but homosexualisty isn't exactly the natural way to go about things is it?

Presumably DQ you view any person/couple who choose not to have kids as equally unnatural?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Explain this then your popeship.
saints-logo-1944-768446.jpg

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The Catholic Church and the Vatican in particular were very sympathetic to the Nazi's and especially the SS at the end of WW2 because of their fear of the "Godless USSR". They supplied false documents for many SS criminals to escape to South America.

Altogether an unsavoury bunch IMO.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well no need to be all controversial here but no one has come out with the fact that being homosexual isn't actually natural. If you look at it from a scientific point of veiw and not a religious one, bieing homosexual will mean that you will die out. Correct me if i am wrong but homosexualisty isn't exactly the natural way to go about things is it?

Worker ants and drone bees/wasps aren't exactly prolific maters, are they unnatural?

There is a whole range of theories about what drives procreation. You find altruism throughout nature, creatures in animal groupings that don't have children of their own.

There's the idea that perhaps homosexuality has evolved to stop the continued growth of the population thus giving others a chance. I mean, there are some studies that suggest younger brothers have a higher chance of being gay (something to do with hormone make up in the womb being affected by previous pregnancies). This would mean 50% of the genes in the younger brother will we passed on by the older brother, because the younger brother isn't going to mate it provides less competition for resources.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
foolish to be in his position and voice these opinions.

Thousand if not millions will agree but it's just not worth putting yourself out there to say this

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hold my strict catholic upbringing responsible for some of the more depraved practises that even today I still participate in with my good lady wife.

You see there is good in there.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The Catholic Church and the Vatican in particular were very sympathetic to the Nazi's and especially the SS at the end of WW2 because of their fear of the "Godless USSR". They supplied false documents for many SS criminals to escape to South America.

Altogether an unsavoury bunch IMO.

1) Didn't some of the Allies think and do very something very similar?

2) The 'bunch' you refer to are, by and large, everyday people much like you and me.

I'm with the Pope on this. I was in VaVoom by Club Revenge at about 5.30 am after the MK Dons game and some gayer pinched my very nice and very expensive Ted Baker coat. Us straight folk need protecting from light fingered bennies. Still, on the plus side, it does mean that I must have good taste in clothes for a woopsie to take a shine to it. They know about fashion innit.

I "got" this straight away, Buzzer (honest!)
Pope Ian's comments about maintaining procreation look absurd considering World population is 6.7 billion and rising.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So the Koran says that being gay is OK then :shrug:

I don't know, I've not read it, have you?

I do know the koran is as set in stone as the bible.

There is so much in pretty much all ancient religious texts that is ignored because the people that follow these religions think they are outdated. We no longer stone people for wearing clothes of mixed material, I'm not allowed to buy slaves as long as they're from a neighbouring country, nor can I sell my daughter into slavery, I can't kill someone for working on a sunday, eating shellfish is considered an abomination, but christians do not follow these rules anymore. They do not fit with modern life.

There are many christians who realise that homosexuality is part of life and that the bible's stance on it is as outdated as it's ban on contact with women during "that time of the month".

As there are with christians, there are with muslims.

The idea of "it says so in the bible/koran" is a cop out. It is taking all responsibility away from the individual and forcing on an inanimate object. People don't hate because the bible or koran says so, they hate because they are sad angry individuals.

It isn't islam that hates gays, it is some people who hate gays and use their religious text as an excuse.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There are many christians who realise that homosexuality is part of life and that the bible's stance on it is as outdated as it's ban on contact with women during "that time of the month".

Surely if the tomato boat has docked you just have to grin and bear it. I agree it's no fun ending up with a raspberry moustache, but it's for the LADEEZ innit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here