Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pop questions for quiz

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Who was the first singer to postumusly have a number 1 hit?
(Buddy Holly)

Three songs were released in 1985, 2 reached #1 and the third #11. They all shared the same title but can you name it and who the artists were?
(The power of love by Celine Dion (#1), Frankie goes to Hollywood (#1) & Huey Lewis and the news (#11))

Who played the drums in the Muppets?
(Animal)

Last edited:

Three songs were released in 1985, 2 reached #1 and the third #11. They all shared the same title but can you name it and who the artists were?
(The power of love by Celine Dion (#1), Frankie goes to Hollywood (#1) & Huey Lewis and the news (#11))

Celine Dion's 1993 release only reached number 4 in the singles chart, but Jennifer Rush's 1985 original reached number number 1... sorry!

Last edited:

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Q: What was the name of D:Ream's hit song that was the musical accompaniment to the Labour Party's successful 1997 general election campaign?

A: Things Can Only Get Better

Or, you can obviously ask this the other way round, ie. Q: Which group recorded..... A: D:Ream

There's also a question to be had in the fact that the popular TV scientist Brian Cox was once a member of said modern beat combo....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Which band were most frequently compared to another more successful band, whose first hit single had a b-side the title of which sounds exactly like the name of the band in question although it is spelt differently?

(a million Brownie points to the first person on here to get this!)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Q: Who is the living embodiment of souless corporate rock - Coldplay or U2?
A: Trick question - both answers are correct.

Best question of them all

BTW Gwylan, the term 'modern beat combos' sounds so 1960s!
:facepalm:

So toe-tapping rhythmic hipsters is out too? :laugh:

Some good questions here. I'm pleased that some of them were questions that I'd thought of - like D.ream and Brian Cox but there are some really excellent ones. I'm going to use Arctic Monkeys and Gordon Brown, The Kaiser Chiefs, last year's Christmas No 1 and the Mercury Prize winners.

Thanks to everyone

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Q: What was the name of D:Ream's hit song that was the musical accompaniment to the Labour Party's successful 1997 general election campaign?

A: Things Can Only Get Better

Or, you can obviously ask this the other way round, ie. Q: Which group recorded..... A: D:Ream

There's also a question to be had in the fact that the popular TV scientist Brian Cox was once a member of said modern beat combo....

Didn't Lincoln City re-release it a few years ago?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Celine Dion's 1993 release only reached number 4 in the singles chart, but Jennifer Rush's 1985 original reached number number 1... sorry!

I think you will find Celine Dion's version was realeased on 29th January 1994 not in 1993 :)

But oops - Thats who i originally meant (got it wrong as i was looking at the 4 who got into the charts in 1994 but they were too obscure and half didn't chart very high - Celine Dion #4, Q Tex #64, Fits of gloom #49 and Frankie goes to Hollywood #10)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here