Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor ticket sales for Reading.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am suprised that we have only sold 3000 out of an allocation of 4400 tickets for the game at Reading for two reasons

(a) first game of the season

(b) One of the nearest away games.

That is barely 10% of those that went to Cardiff who are 'staunch supporters who can't go to Withdean because of the ticket limitations.'

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
Remember that loads will just turn up on the day, and there must be a large number of people of on their holidays still because they start the season too early.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BensGrandad said:
I am suprised that we have only sold 3000 out of an allocation of 4400 tickets for the game at Reading for two reasons

(a) first game of the season

(b) One of the nearest away games.

That is barely 10% of those that went to Cardiff who are 'staunch supporters who can't go to Withdean because of the ticket limitations.'

exactly. although you do have to be an ams member to go to reading. how many of those that went to cardiff are?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Plenty on holiday

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tis the busiest time of the year for holidays :cool:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
When did you imagine we had 20,000 staunch supporters willing to travel to anything other than an occasional one-off?

I am glad someone said it. That 30,000 that went to Cardiff was a one off. We may get the occasional 4000+ away following, I guess West Ham is the likely one (if we get that many tickets), but with regards to Reading, it is in the middle of the holiday season, we were hardly inspiring to watch last season and a lot of people have been there before.

Also not that many other teams are going to take over 3000 there this season, so all in all still not a bad effort.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always expresseda view that we have a 'hard core' of 7/8000 supporters come rain or shine but have been shouted down by thiose who suggest it is nearer 15000

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Its also a ground loads have been to and we've hardly set the world alight with our pre-season signings.
I think alot of people realise we're going to struggle without Knight and not another forward signed yet.

I actually think 3,000+ isn't too shabby.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is nearly 50% of home capacity that's going :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uncle Buck said:
You have to remember that the person that started this thread is more negative than me...

I am not negative but I believe that a lot more should have bought tickets if only to show once again the size of support that we have to further our chances of Falmer. Is that wrong?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here