Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor support

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just because they're in the prem it doesn't automatically mean they're support is brilliant though! Some teams irrespective of division will have better support than others!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just because they're in the prem it doesn't automatically mean they're support is brilliant though! Some teams irrespective of division will have better support than others!!

This. Wigan and Fulham do not travel well either.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Palace seriously took 144 to Derby????!!!!???? That's gross.

In the fa cup 3rd around 15- 20 years ago Palace took 50 fans to Hartlepool. It was on a sat also.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Apparently Blackburn only took 319 fans to Sunderland today. That is quite frankly disgraceful! Just thought I'd share that useless information!

I won't question how many aways you've been to.

Suffice to say that whoever goes at the moment to ANY away game deserves a pat on the back, because the total won't be too shy of 90 quid.

Christmas is looming, things to be bought, heating to be paid for etc.

I won't bother to have a war of attrition with you on this, but :rant::moo:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hopefully their Premier League stint is coming to an overdue end, and hopefully the same will be true of Wigan. Congratulations to them for being able to sustain themselves for so long at that level but don't deserve to be there, based on the size of the club.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I won't question how many aways you've been to.

whoever goes at the moment to ANY away game deserves a pat on the back, because the total won't be too shy of 90 quid.

Agree entirely ... partic if the side are struggling ...and big rap for the 700 making the trip to Boro :clap2:

Hopefully their Premier League stint is coming to an overdue end, and hopefully the same will be true of Wigan. Congratulations to them for being able to sustain themselves for so long at that level but don't deserve to be there, based on the size of the club.

What an arrogant and ignorant attitude. I don't know if you'd noticed but the FA and FL don't give out points based on history or fanbase. It's solely on one criteria - how they do on the pitch. If they're good enough to play in that league then they deserve to be there. No-one has a God-given right to a place.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What an arrogant and ignorant attitude. I don't know if you'd noticed but the FA and FL don't give out points based on history or fanbase. It's solely on one criteria - how they do on the pitch. If they're good enough to play in that league then they deserve to be there. No-one has a God-given right to a place.

As proven by the fact that Wigan and Blackburn have been successful in the Premier League. I'm not saying they haven't earnt/deserved it, the Wigan team which Paul Jewell put together to get them up and keep them there was a good team, and Blackburn under Mark Hughes and Sam Allardyce were a good team aswell. But the size of the actual clubs isn't befitting of the top flight, not when you consider some of the clubs outside it. I'm not saying fanbase/size of club should determine league standings, nothing of the sort because that is complete twaddle. I'm just making an observation that clubs like Blackburn and Wigan aren't the biggest, and their attendances are reasonably poor.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm just making an observation that clubs like Blackburn and Wigan aren't the biggest, and their attendances are reasonably poor.

With the words you've chosen, I think you're doing more than observing that Blackburn and Wigan aren't the biggest clubs. You're wishing relegation on them based on their club's size, and saying they are above where you think they deserve to be.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Too right mate Wigan and Blackburn are shit supported northern monkeys and are long overdue relegation that looms , to be soon replaced by a lovely southern club that has great support that will soon grace the premier league yeah !

We're on thin ice arguing that a team that owes its growth and subsequent success to a millionaire fan has no right playing at the highest level. Why aspire to future Albion success and deny the right of Blackburn to have had the success that they've known?

We'd all like to win the Premier League title. Blackburn have done it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
As proven by the fact that Wigan and Blackburn have been successful in the Premier League. I'm not saying they haven't earnt/deserved it, the Wigan team which Paul Jewell put together to get them up and keep them there was a good team, and Blackburn under Mark Hughes and Sam Allardyce were a good team aswell. But the size of the actual clubs isn't befitting of the top flight, not when you consider some of the clubs outside it. I'm not saying fanbase/size of club should determine league standings, nothing of the sort because that is complete twaddle. I'm just making an observation that clubs like Blackburn and Wigan aren't the biggest, and their attendances are reasonably poor.

Blackburn Rovers
Ground - Ewood Park, Blackburn, Lancashire
Capacity - 31,367

Brighton & Hove Albion
Ground - Amex Stadium
Capacity - 22,374

Major Honours
Blackburn Rovers
FA Cup - 7 time winners
League Cup - 1 time winners

Brighton & Hove Albion
FA Cup - 0 time winners
League Cups - 0 time winners

So if Blackburn arn't fit to be in the Premier League, what does that mean for us them, should we not bother in trying because we might not be 'befitting of the top flight' (whatever thats supposed to mean)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Blackburn Rovers
Ground - Ewood Park, Blackburn, Lancashire
Capacity - 31,367

Brighton & Hove Albion
Ground - Amex Stadium
Capacity - 22,374

Major Honours
Blackburn Rovers
FA Cup - 7 time winners
League Cup - 1 time winners

Brighton & Hove Albion
FA Cup - 0 time winners
League Cups - 0 time winners

So if Blackburn arn't fit to be in the Premier League, what does that mean for us them, should we not bother in trying because we might not be 'befitting of the top flight' (whatever thats supposed to mean)

Don't forget that blackburn have actually WON the premier league...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here