Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old palace!

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
No probs - just add about £8 to a matchday ticket and stick the programme,pint & pie up by a £1 each and we should be sorted within a season.:thumbsup:

What I wouldn't want us to do is fold like a pack of cards, screw all the local businesses,people & charities take a 10 point hit knowing we won't get relegated, reform but keep our name and then start boasting about how long we had survived in the top two divisions. Now that would a real shit thing to do and everyone would forever more view us as utter mongs completely lacking a moral compass of any kind and a joke club.

Well said major

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Personally I think both times we went bankrupt were due to awful mismanagement rather than a deliberate attempt to cheat. Just like I think that when you went bankrupt and had to sell your ground that was due to awful mismanagement. However when your fans are constantly calling us cheats most of those who do so know nothing about your history.

20p in the pound is just a lesser degree than our cheating if that's what you want to call it.

Laughable. I suggest you actually know what you're talking about before start trying to talk.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
When you only paid 20% of your debts to do you accept you were cheating scum for how you treated other companies? If not then its just bare faced hypocrisy :)

What on earth are you talking about? What i like about these interactions with Palace fans is that, without fail, they come across as complete and utter thickos. Really simple types. I'm not stereotyping them... this as a view based on repeated observations.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What on earth are you talking about? What i like about these interactions with Palace fans is that, without fail, they come across as complete and utter thickos. Really simple types. I'm not stereotyping them... this as a view based on repeated observations.

Being that their taking have to be less than half ours by some distance and they pay their players more I think they need to be the worried ones not us. When the new rules come in to place the likes of Palace are screwed big time. Ho Hum..........

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
Being that their taking have to be less than half ours by some distance and they pay their players more I think they need to be the worried ones not us. When the new rules come in to place the likes of Palace are screwed big time. Ho Hum..........

you can bury your head in the sand if you want ,but 8 mil a year is not to be ignored

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
you can bury your head in the sand if you want ,but 8 mil a year is not to be ignored

Who's said we ignoring it. However facing facts we have a state of the art stadium, a bigger fan base, someone who actually put his money where his mouth is, and you? A shit hole, dwindling fans even with you free tickets and alike, and numpties with funny hair cuts in the directors box. I know where I'd sooner be.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
No probs - just add about £8 to a matchday ticket and stick the programme,pint & pie up by a £1 each and we should be sorted within a season.:thumbsup:

What I wouldn't want us to do is fold like a pack of cards, screw all the local businesses,people & charities take a 10 point hit knowing we won't get relegated, reform but keep our name and then start boasting about how long we had survived in the top two divisions. Now that would a real shit thing to do and everyone would forever more view us as utter mongs completely lacking a moral compass of any kind and a joke club.

The fans wouldn't be happy about that.
Regarding the rest of the poster, you come across as a very angry and bitter old man, being in our shadow for all those years.
How long will TB cover the losses ?

Stick to the attendances

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
The fans wouldn't be happy about that.
Regarding the rest of the poster, you come across as a very angry and bitter old man, being in our shadow for all those years.
How long will TB cover the losses ?

Stick to the attendances

Stop projecting yourself onto others.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Don't see a problem with their advert, I'm sure we do similar things, e.g we are always having massive sales in the store

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Of course it isn't, but it isn't a surprise, there was reams of discussion and club headlines talking about the first two years being critical due to the startup and unforseen overheads that the stadium was going to bring.

Barber has been brought in to get a more experienced structure around the clubs books and cost model, that's happening and we are already in line with FFP parameters, meaning we don't need to plan any major adjustments, unlike most in the championship.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Palarse(*spit*) are w*nk and will f*ck up the Promotion up.. I love the way they genuinely think they will go up. Its going to be great mocking them at the end of the season. I would love it to be us and them in the play off final and smash them. Bragging rights for years.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Have we lost 8m? I haven't ever seen any official accounts released by the club? Have they released them? Is this thread and the others all based on a tweet by Naylor that in itself could be wrong?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It won't be 8 million a year, as we won't have to pay for an extension to the stadium EVERY year nor planning permission for a training ground. There were also costs involved with moving into the stadium which were also one offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here