Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Poor little soul - Star Hobson

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
2 ''women" did this.

Not social services, not Boris and not my next door neighbour

We can sit down and do an investigation in to social services and their shortcomings.

We can gently ask the perps about their troubled past. We can identify where they were let down by society in their early lives. We can then spotlight where they were not supported by local authorities that left them feel vulnerable, lost and victimised.
A shoulder to cry on, an understanding ear to let it all out.

Then reach for the ashtray .....

All of the above could be useful in avoiding a repeat of this happening (aside from the shoulder to cry on bit - **** that).

The ashtray obviously would help in that regard but I would happily oblige.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would happily pay an increase in income tax, even if it is from a Tory government and against their manifesto, stuff all that nonsense.
As long as it is raised under a solemn promise that all the extra money raised went into children's services.
Social Services, adoption, fostering and teen drug related issues.
Cross party and experts sorting this out once and for all, lessons have clearly not been learnt.
These nutters are always going to exist but we need to have an organisation with the manpower, training and laws to do whatever is needed.
And judges must be given the power to lock these scumbags up for life, meaning life, until they die, no parole, nothing.
Enough is enough, when it comes to children in danger or vulnerable this country must get on top of it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I would happily pay an increase in income tax, even if it is from a Tory government and against their manifesto, stuff all that nonsense.
As long as it is raised under a solemn promise that all the extra money raised went into children's services.
Social Services, adoption, fostering and teen drug related issues.
Cross party and experts sorting this out once and for all, lessons have clearly not been learnt.
These nutters are always going to exist but we need to have an organisation with the manpower, training and laws to do whatever is needed.
And judges must be given the power to lock these scumbags up for life, meaning life, until they die, no parole, nothing.
Enough is enough, when it comes to children in danger or vulnerable this country must get on top of it.

Agree. People complain about social services and cuts but ....they then vote for low tax governments (somehow Boris and his like have been in power for a while now, someone must be voting for them after all ....). All areas of social services, adult, child, mental health for both are severely under funded. And of all those who criticise social services, who would want to work in such a role eh? Massive case loads, vulnerable to accusations from the public, attacked for taking away children and for not taking away children. A very stressful role that a lot of people will be opinionated on but oh no, wouldn't dare do. I found adult social care very difficult and can comfortably say I wouldn't be able to cope with child social services. I'm sure there were many mistakes made and these should be highlighted and attempted to correct and yes learn from but this can only come about if those involved are able to own up to mistakes made, honestly (and possibly without retribution). And, as mentioned in other threads, certain people grow into adults who simply have a callousness and spite in them (some will call it Evil) and it is hard to stop these people. I hope both women are severely punished and live out their life in misery, or quite frankly, kill themselves.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm very much a lefty liberal and I understand the perpetrators of crimes like these have severe mental issues but I'd gladly turn a blind eye to any physical punishment that long term child abusers were put through. Any punishment.

I am very similar. But the woman who actually did it…… reading the account and seeing the pictures of this lovely little girl brought tears to my eyes. Pure evil….. and that isn’t a word I would bandy about too much.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
About 15 (fifteen) years ago the daughter in law of some friends of ours came totally to a group of people about her work as a social worker, telling us that even then she had a caseload of about twice the recommended level, working under enormous pressure, having to make decisions where they were damned if they went one way, and damned if they went the other - kids being taken away from their families unnecessarily.

And that was before austerity’s continuing draconian cuts. It’s not a job I would want.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Child murders and torture happened on all government watches.

This falling between two stools of police / social services, is unacceptable. Please replace this overly complex system, with something where on day one a key worker (overseen, of course) with true powers can and 100% always intervenes where there are any concerns. Medical expertise sought at the same time.

Funding needed, yes.

Two things emerged over the last fortnight in interviews with social services experts:.
1. Social workers are physically intimidated by brutes who refuse them access, make threats. Having to return at later dates.
2. Councils put the pandemic first, tending to cancel home visits and making their workers do the job from the desk. In addition, home visits often cut out physical checks due to Covid. Giving a blank cheque to the 4 latest killers.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Absolutely sickening, how people could inflict so much pain and torture on a beautiful little girl is beyond comprehension. It annoys me further that I pay Council Tax to such an inept body as Bradford City Council, but they are renowned for being s**t at all levels sadly.

I would happily see these two scum not survive prison, or at the very least have to negotiate some long flights of stairs daily!

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Agree. People complain about social services and cuts but ....they then vote for low tax governments (somehow Boris and his like have been in power for a while now, someone must be voting for them after all ....). All areas of social services, adult, child, mental health for both are severely under funded. And of all those who criticise social services, who would want to work in such a role eh? Massive case loads, vulnerable to accusations from the public, attacked for taking away children and for not taking away children. A very stressful role that a lot of people will be opinionated on but oh no, wouldn't dare do. I found adult social care very difficult and can comfortably say I wouldn't be able to cope with child social services. I'm sure there were many mistakes made and these should be highlighted and attempted to correct and yes learn from but this can only come about if those involved are able to own up to mistakes made, honestly (and possibly without retribution). And, as mentioned in other threads, certain people grow into adults who simply have a callousness and spite in them (some will call it Evil) and it is hard to stop these people. I hope both women are severely punished and live out their life in misery, or quite frankly, kill themselves.

The Kings fund says we are spending 99million more on social services in real terms than when Labour left power in 2010.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I am in no way religious.

The term in my post was meant to highlight her terrible plight and vulnerability.

I apologise for Musk's wealth.

I know, if you read my comment again I wasn't criticising you. I was wondering how anyone can believe in a god that allows this to happen to a baby and at the same time allow someone else to accrue unimaginable wealth.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Brilliantly covered on C5 Jeremy Vine just now, helpfully they have the psychotherapist Lucy Beresford as a guest, a mine of very relevant and up to date information.

A lack of funding, but also:
- these parents and their partners are very sophisticated in their web of lies.
- they’re very also aggressive in shutting out social services.
- the pandemic/lockdowns have given these people a behind closed doors opportunity.
- a falling between stools from too many agencies.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
As mentioned earlier, I came into contact with Social Services quite a lot when I went through adoption process

A couple of thoughts

Its a very very difficult job. They are faced with cunning and manipulative people. But, my wife and I were asked numerous questions about our health ( They were really thorough and asked a lot of questions about my health - what would I do if I had flare up of my ulcerative colitis), our views on smacking, education, what we could bring to an adoptees life. SS even checked out my back garden to make sure no ponds - they told me to remove a sealed water butt. They visited my friends to gather references. This was over a year.

Did I mind it, of course not. I had nothing to hide, but it did put me on edge sometimes.

Of course, I dont expect all new parents to be asked these questions when they have a natural birth, but I guess the point being is that SS were more than careful ensuring that my wife and I were good adopters. . Surely, they can put the same resource where concerns are made where abuse is suspected - particularly when that report comes from a family member

As to the Police - I think they use the "not our role" far to frequently.

Brilliantly covered on C5 Jeremy Vine just now, helpfully they have the psychotherapist Lucy Beresford as a guest, a mine of very relevant and up to date information.

A lack of funding, but also:
- these parents and their partners are very sophisticated in their web of lies.
- they’re very also aggressive in shutting out social services.
- the pandemic/lockdowns have given these people a behind closed doors opportunity.
- a falling between stools from too many agencies.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As mentioned earlier, I came into contact with Social Services quite a lot when I went through adoption process

A couple of thoughts

Its a very very difficult job. They are faced with cunning and manipulative people. But, my wife and I were asked numerous questions about our health ( They were really thorough and asked a lot of questions about my health - what would I do if I had flare up of my ulcerative colitis), our views on smacking, education, what we could bring to an adoptees life. SS even checked out my back garden to make sure no ponds - they told me to remove a sealed water butt. They visited my friends to gather references. This was over a year.

Did I mind it, of course not. I had nothing to hide, but it did put me on edge sometimes.

Of course, I dont expect all new parents to be asked these questions when they have a natural birth, but I guess the point being is that SS were more than careful ensuring that my wife and I were good adopters. . Surely, they can put the same resource where concerns are made where abuse is suspected - particularly when that report comes from a family member

As to the Police - I think they use the "not our role" far to frequently.
Did you adopt a child in the end? If you don’t mind me asking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A 25 year sentence for baby torturer Brockhill.

This will be referred for an overly lenient sentence.

She filmed some of the tormenting, whilst laughing. Used Star literally as a punchbag and chokehold dummy, to practice martial arts on. During this trial she yawned and chatted away.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
25 yrs minimum for the evil bitch . 8 years for the cruel and disgusting mother. RIP little one.

8 years for "causing or allowing the death" of that beautiful baby is totally pathetic. She covered up the abuse and had multiple opportunities to stop it. She was happy for the abuse to continue (I'm assuming she didn't directly participate in the abuse but obviously the trial transcripts and judge's summing up and sentencing remarks aren't available yet).

8 years - out in 4. That's the price that our judicial system places on the life of a baby.

RIP baby Star

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
8 years for "causing or allowing the death" of that beautiful baby is totally pathetic. She covered up the abuse and had multiple opportunities to stop it. She was happy for the abuse to continue (I'm assuming she didn't directly participate in the abuse but obviously the trial transcripts and judge's summing up and sentencing remarks aren't available yet).

8 years - out in 4. That's the price that our judicial system places on the life of a baby.

RIP baby Star

I largely agree, the only defence I can offer was her very low IQ of 70 and that she was very much a victim of Brockhill also. I believe if she hadn't got involved with her then Star would almost certainly be alive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here