Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor Andy Cole

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I really for sorry for him, being a wife beater and all that....clearly suffering from the same mental health issues that Paul Gascoigne and Frank Bruno had after beating their wives up.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I really for sorry for him, being a wife beater and all that....clearly suffering from the same mental health issues that Paul Gascoigne and Frank Bruno had after beating their wives up.

I doubt their wives would agree with you or the courts and none of them are poor and all can not cope with fame or rather the lack of it when they are over the hill,paul Gasgiogne I can have some sympathy with as he has never had the best advice and even when he did he never took it seems very strange to me that neither him or Bruno can bear to live on their own hotel's gym's ect.

there are plenty of people who have had a far worse background than any of these and are really poor but have still turned out OK.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
I doubt their wives would agree with you or the courts and none of them are poor and all can not cope with fame or rather the lack of it when they are over the hill,paul Gasgiogne I can have some sympathy with as he has never had the best advice and even when he did he never took it seems very strange to me that neither him or Bruno can bear to live on their own hotel's gym's ect.

there are plenty of people who have had a far worse background than any of these and are really poor but have still turned out OK.

I was being sarcastic :dunce:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Former Manchester United and England striker Andy Cole has been questioned by police after an alleged attack on his wife. BBC website

Considering you know nothing about the case accept cole has been questioned...how can you class him as a wife beater?

Say you and your wife have an argument that gets heated and she screams youve hit her and you havent touched her........does that make you a wife beater.

Not all facts known..so no judgement should be made.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
How about a poll? Is it okay to smack your wife?

We had one on pets and children so I think it's the logical progression.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Former Manchester United and England striker Andy Cole has been questioned by police after an alleged attack on his wife. BBC website

Considering you know nothing about the case accept cole has been questioned...how can you class him as a wife beater?

Say you and your wife have an argument that gets heated and she screams youve hit her and you havent touched her........does that make you a wife beater.

to be fair most people would say if there wife made that allegation she would deserve a slap ( not that she would get one )

Bruno and Gascoigne both had bipolar I thought, rather like Collymore. Somehwat dickish the lot of them but sadly bipolar is no respecter of who you are. And even more sadly the 'mental health' services in this country are now so f***ed up thanks to 'care in the community' courtesy of the f***ing witch that those who need help rarely get either the kind of help they require nor the amount of it.

Edit to add, I realise your srcasm, my post is not really a pop at yours.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004

I'm entitled to my opinion so don't be such a cretin.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
Bruno and Gascoigne both had bipolar I thought, rather like Collymore. Somehwat dickish the lot of them but sadly bipolar is no respecter of who you are. And even more sadly the 'mental health' services in this country are now so f***ed up thanks to 'care in the community' courtesy of the f***ing witch that those who need help rarely get either the kind of help they require nor the amount of it.

Edit to add, I realise your srcasm, my post is not really a pop at yours.

You're right...I wasn't using the Cole allegations as the main story here, but the fact that Gascoigne and Bruno seem to have public sympathy on their side after the news broke about them knocking their wives about...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'm entitled to my opinion so don't be such a cretin.

Well dont be such an ignorant prick then. Spouting of bullshit about something you know nothing about.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
How about a poll? Is it okay to smack your wife?

We had one on pets and children so I think it's the logical progression.

Never a simple yer or no.

It is wrong that a woman can steam into a fella and knock him about, but when a man tries to defend himself he automaticly gats callled a woman/wife beater.

I am not saying its right, but circumstances play a massive part.

(now awaits abuse!!)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

It is wrong that a woman can steam into a fella and knock him about, but when a man tries to defend himself he automaticly gats callled a woman/wife beater.

I am not saying its right, but circumstances play a massive part.

(now awaits abuse!!)

Spot on, every case on its individual merit, which the blanket term 'wife beater' seems to work against somehow.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
Well dont be such an ignorant prick then. Spouting of bullshit about something you know nothing about.

Grow up you silly boy. You don't know anything about me or my life. I'd never make comments like the above about someone I don't know for fear of that person actually suffering from from some form of abuse.

People like you make me sick...you're all so bloody presumptious and think you know everything when in fact you know nothing. Well, my friend you know absolutely nothing about me and my family and friends, nor the fact that I DO have someone very close to me who has been knocked around and abused when they were a child so I'm not as ignorant as you think I am!:censored:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Two women every WEEK die at the hands of abusive partners in the UK.

Probably just defending themselves though, weren't they?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Two women every WEEK die at the hands of abusive partners in the UK.

Probably just defending themselves though, weren't they?
But.............................How many fellas ACTUALLY report getting slapped about by a women ? Not too many I would think. So therefore the stats will be very one sided
* I don't dispute what you are saying, I just think that domestic abuse works both ways *

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But.............................How many fellas ACTUALLY report getting slapped about by a women ? Not too many I would think. So therefore the stats will be very one sided
* I don't dispute what you are saying, I just think that domestic abuse works both ways *
My dad used to work in the Samaritans in Brighton in the '80s and was alarmed at the number of calls received from victims of "husband beaters". And you're right, I suspect there are many victims too ashamed to call for help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here