Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another multi Billionaire in the Premier league.

Couldnt of happened to a worst club. Looks richer than the Man City bloke

Crap !!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
once he's met some of the tattoo downtrodden sailor benders he may think twice about it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A camel jockey.. lord help us...... it could all go off like Gaza along the south coast.....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
does this mean we are no longer the souths richest club?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe Harry will be glancing back with regret, and get his twitch on.

Or maybe the turncoat will be going back again!

So pissed off as this is the first time for quite a few years i thought i have had some "bragging rights" on the Pompey fans surrounding us with Falmer and Bloom situation and then they come up with a arab to trump us.:rant::rant::rant:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Doesn't he remind Albion fans of anyone?

_45831270_fahim226x170.jpg

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
They can have all the money they like. The people taking over these clubs are really turning the premiership in to one big show. The real football belongs in the lower leagues, with real supporters. Its pathetic how one man can fly around in a helicopter and pick what club he wants to own, without understanding the history surrounding it.

At least in Bloom we have someone who loves the club.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
they have no class. ownership passes from one filthy rich money man to another, neither of which cares not a jot for pompey fc. their only concern is pocketing cash or laundering it through the club.

we on the the other hand have just passed chairmanship from one albion fan to another. and that's how it should be.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Doesn't this guy sit on the board of the Abu Dhabi United Group which bought Man City? If so I would consider that to be a conflict of interests. His Wikipedia page looks like it was written by a fan of his.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The way in which the City takeover was presented on telly was that this guy was the public face of that takeover, so how the hell can he take then over Pompey? Surely he must be a connected party to the City owners via associated companies?

I dunno, an Arab takes over Pompey and a Jew takes over the Albion. Looks like with the demise of Southampton the old rivalry with Pompey might have taken another twist...

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
The way in which the City takeover was presented on telly was that this guy was the public face of that takeover, so how the hell can he take then over Pompey? Surely he must be a connected party to the City owners via associated companies?

I dunno, an Arab takes over Pompey and a Jew takes over the Albion. Looks like with the demise of Southampton the old rivalry with Pompey might have taken another twist...

According to Wikipedia (which of course is never wrong) he sits on the board of the company that bought City so if that is true he is more than the public face. I would have thought he'd have to resign from that position if he wants to own Pompey. I wonder what the result would be if Pompey played City on the last day of the season with both needing a point to stay up...?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He's paying off their £40m debt and covering the cost of the ground development. So far just like TB. But it also looks like he will pour wedge in for players - so it will be another club buying success (they hope) as a rich man's play thing. Well, until he loses interest, then back to earth with a bang and a big debt no doubt.

Give me a man that thinks about his grandchildren and the future any time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
According to Wikipedia (which of course is never wrong) he sits on the board of the company that bought City so if that is true he is more than the public face. I would have thought he'd have to resign from that position if he wants to own Pompey. I wonder what the result would be if Pompey played City on the last day of the season with both needing a point to stay up...?

Exactly.

If the Prem was run properly you'd expect some sort of statement from the bosses about this. If you look at what happened this season Man City were comfortably mid-table with nothing to play for at the end of the season, whereas Pompey weren't safe until the penultimate game, so for these 2 clubs the scenario whereby City 'lose' conveniently to help Pompey to 3 points is feasible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here