Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
hmmmm don't fancy doing St.Marys next season and actually don't mind Bournemouth, normally quite a good day out

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now I don't know about you chaps, but that's not remotely what I want to see. Obviously the Albion must stay up (we should have enough now, fingers crossed), but I would be THRILLED to see Pompey plummet out of the Premier League, Saints joining us in League One, and dull old Bournemouth dropping into the Blue Square Premier to play derbies against Weymouth. That would make my year.
:clap2::clap::clap::clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
hmmmm don't fancy doing St.Marys next season and actually don't mind Bournemouth, normally quite a good day out

Well all things being well we shouldn't be going to Bournemouth anyway, and Southampton may be an ugly flat-pack stadium in a crappy area of town, but at least it's fairly close to home. Plus if they start next season on minus points (as I think is likely, depending on how they try and fiddle the administration scenario), that's one team we shouldn't have to worry about finishing below ;)

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I'd like to see Bournemouth overcome their 17 point deduction to stay in the league as well. Couldn't really give a rat's arse about Southampton one way or the other but Kevin Keegan has got nothing on how I would love it if PFC went down.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Well all things being well we shouldn't be going to Bournemouth anyway, and Southampton may be an ugly flat-pack stadium in a crappy area of town, but at least it's fairly close to home. Plus if they start next season on minus points (as I think is likely, depending on how they try and fiddle the administration scenario), that's one team we shouldn't have to worry about finishing below ;)

Haven't they brought a new ruling in to prevent teams fiddling the administration scenario?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Just got back from Pompey courtesy of tickets won from Barclays and it must be said that once Alonso, Kuyt and Torres came on, Liverpool looked f*cking awesome

Makes me hungry for Premiership football...

@ :falmer:

:albion2:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The man is an idiot. He leaves Torres and Gerrard out of games then wonders why they drop points to Stoke (TWICE), Fulham, West Ham, Wigan, Hull, Spurs etc. He's constantly messing about with the team and tactics when a bit of stability is just what they need. That's not to mention his shocking treatment of Robbie Keane. How can anyone prefer Dick f***ing Kuyt to Keane? I haven't even got onto some shocking signings. They may be top for now (but let's face it, United are really 6 points clear), but I firmly believe they would be a lot better off with another manager.

And he won the the champions league, you really are clueless.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Brighton v Pompy first game at Falmer is a possibilty.
No. Absofuckinglutely not. The worst team to grace the opening of the new stadium. Would you want the tattooed hordes of knuckle draggers descending on the sacred ground, led by the uber-idiot John Westwood? Those godforsaken Pompey Chimes, the continual references to the "12th man - best supporters in the world", the nylon "Oki" branded shirts, four seasons out of date and three sizes too small to cover the wobbling beer bellies - and that's just on the women.

No. If they are looking even remotely like being the first team to grace the turf, then the railway lines should be demolished and armed outposts should be set up to prevent them coming. In an ideal world, we will move up a division as they plummet past.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
No. Absofuckinglutely not. The worst team to grace the opening of the new stadium. Would you want the tattooed hordes of knuckle draggers descending on the sacred ground, led by the uber-idiot John Westwood? Those godforsaken Pompey Chimes, the continual references to the "12th man - best supporters in the world", the nylon "Oki" branded shirts, four seasons out of date and three sizes too small to cover the wobbling beer bellies - and that's just on the women.

No. If they are looking even remotely like being the first team to grace the turf, then the railway lines should be demolished and armed outposts should be set up to prevent them coming. In an ideal world, we will move up a division as they plummet past.

As someone who has to endure all my in laws and neices and nephews being Portsmouth (wife is Southsea born and bred) and enduring a recent tour of the ground plus an offer, declined, to pose with the FA Cup for about 20 quid, that is the most accurate post I have ever had the pleasure to read! :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

:lolol: fair play.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brighton v Pompy first game at Falmer is a possibilty.

I hope not, I'd rather we face a big team to mark the day properly. :)

From one standpoint, Donny would be nice, but like to think we could attract a big name side down here (we've had good links with Arsenal in the past, and I believe Man City consented to coming down for a friendly, just as two possible examples).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Portsmouth are a big team with the greatest fans in the world :laugh:

Were they still the greatest when only 7,000 used to turn up at Fratton Park, pre Redknapp (part 1)?

Silly me, of course they were :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here