Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey v Rangers?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Evading tax by paying players through an offshore EBT which then "loaned" players their wages WAS planned with the sole purpose of avoiding paying the tax that was rightly due. Rangers can f*** right off.

Firstly - I wasn't referring to the tax case!
Secondly - The final decision on the EBT hasn't yet been announced so unless you know something we don't I suggest you shut it!
Thirdly - It appears that there will be a number of other clubs, north and south of the border, who will be investigated for using these EBT's - all, like Rangers, who assumed that these were perfectly legal!
Finally - The reason they have gone into administration is due to Craig Whyte basically robbing the club and not paying the PAYE and NI due to the Government.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As agreed by the foundation that would cease to exist without RFC and that has benefitted to the tune of millions by Rangers fans generosity you stupid cvnt!!

Erm........do you send abusive PMs to everyone...or was I just a privileged recipient of your lack of anger management.....?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Firstly - I wasn't referring to the tax case!
Secondly - The final decision on the EBT hasn't yet been announced so unless you know something we don't I suggest you shut it!
Thirdly - It appears that there will be a number of other clubs, north and south of the border, who will be investigated for using these EBT's - all, like Rangers, who assumed that these were perfectly legal!
Finally - The reason they have gone into administration is due to Craig Whyte basically robbing the club and not paying the PAYE and NI due to the Government.

I hope that all the clubs that have been evading tax get the book thrown at them. Craig Whyte may have been robbing your club but your club have been robbing me (and you) by not paying their tax.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I hope that all the clubs that have been evading tax get the book thrown at them. Craig Whyte may have been robbing your club but your club have been robbing me (and you) by not paying their tax.

Firstly an apology - you were right re the game against AC and I was incorrect!!
Secondly though my above point still stands that they used the EBTs as they understood these to be a LEGAL loophole to avoid paying tax - just as many companies across numerous business sectors have done. You may
think that it's not morally right but if they thought it was legal then to a certain degree one can't blame them for trying to exploit the loophole. If it is proved that they were legally in the wrong then as a Gers fan I accept we must take the punishment meted out!!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
the dregs of society will be there

jeremy kyle will be the referee

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But it WASN'T a planned event you mug!

D'ya know what ? I don't really give a shit.

You are where you are because, like Pompey, you've spent shitloads on squads you couldn't possibly afford, chasing the dragon of glory. You've cheated the League. You've cheated local businesses. You've cheated the public revenue.

Now LIVE with it you conniving jocko shysters.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
D'ya know what ? I don't really give a shit.

You are where you are because, like Pompey, you've spent shitloads on squads you couldn't possibly afford, chasing the dragon of glory. You've cheated the League. You've cheated local businesses. You've cheated the public revenue.

Now LIVE with it you conniving jocko shysters.

Yeah like Premiership teams owe a total of £3 billion!!
Like BHA were robbed by Archer and Bellotti etc!!
LikeBHA are at the Amex ONLY because we have a rich fan/ benefactor!!

Not really that simple is it ya pr!ck!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah like Premiership teams owe a total of £3 billion!!
Like BHA were robbed by Archer and Bellotti etc!!
LikeBHA are at the Amex ONLY because we have a rich fan/ benefactor!!

Not really that simple is it ya pr!ck!!!

I'll tell you what IS simple (other than you). If you don't pay the PAYE on players who are on £10k, £20k, £30k a week (ie the 50% rate of tax), then you are digging a f***ing big hole wth HMRC, and very very quickly.

THATS what has done for Rangers. And no, thats not like BHA.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt think many high earning players were on PAYE. I thought most of them formed private companies either limited or sole trader and the club paid that company. I know that many years ago when Gary Stevens joined Spurs they paid Gary Stevens Enterprises a weekly fee and from that Gary Stevens took a wage.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I didnt think many high earning players were on PAYE. I thought most of them formed private companies either limited or sole trader and the club paid that company. I know that many years ago when Gary Stevens joined Spurs they paid Gary Stevens Enterprises a weekly fee and from that Gary Stevens took a wage.

That practise was largely outlawed a few years back. If you are a company's sole employee and only have one customer you can't use a company structure to avoid tax.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That practise was largely outlawed a few years back. If you are a company's sole employee and only have one customer you can't use a company structure to avoid tax.
I am not disagreeing but if that is the case how does a pub manager who receives a fee get over this. When I was a manger I was paid 16% of the turnover out of which I paid my wages and that of any staff. Most managers of small companies, not JDW type are paid this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here