Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey update

I love the short-term opinions in football. After leaving Burnley Steve Cotterill couldn't buy a job. 3 years later he gets offered an easy job taking the best team in the division (by a country mile) on to win league 2, and suddenly he's linked with pretty big jobs again. Chairmen really are head mental.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I love the short-term opinions in football. After leaving Burnley Steve Cotterill couldn't buy a job. 3 years later he gets offered an easy job taking the best team in the division (by a country mile) on to win league 2, and suddenly he's linked with pretty big jobs again. Chairmen really are head mental.

The words "clutching" and "straws" spring to mind

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I know that it's too late to change the law for Portsmouth but it would stop other clubs doing it. If to survive they had to pay HMRC in full and then, to play in the League, they had to pay football creditors, clubs would take greater care not to run up massive debts.

agree, but its not something for the law to deal with (they have to be treated the same as any other company) and the membership of the FA, the clubs, will never change to put themselves out of pocket. like the idea of dropping two divisions for being in adminstration, no chariman is going to vote for it in case its them in couple of years time.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's Pompey going all hoofball for next season then. The only team I can remember playing worse football than Cotterill's sides were Boothroyd's Colchester team last season. Dreadful to watch. Enjoy, Pompey fans :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's Pompey going all hoofball for next season then. The only team I can remember playing worse football than Cotterill's sides were Boothroyd's Colchester team last season. Dreadful to watch. Enjoy, Pompey fans :lolol:

Point of order, Edna. You appear to have flouted accepted practice, by neglecting to prefix the words 'Pompey fans', with either of the permitted "Fantastic" or "long-suffering".

:wrong:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
agree, but its not something for the law to deal with (they have to be treated the same as any other company) and the membership of the FA, the clubs, will never change to put themselves out of pocket. like the idea of dropping two divisions for being in adminstration, no chariman is going to vote for it in case its them in couple of years time.

I didn't make myself very clear. I don't think that making HMRC preferential creditors should just be for football clubs, I think it should apply to all companies - that's our money that's being spunked up the walls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here