Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey Transfer Embargo

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh no! How is that fair?! There's everyone else signing people up left right and centre, and poor pompey can't.

I think it's time football installed some sort of transfer window system...

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
would love pompey to go down as the large amount of them in bognor will stop going again. and majority of their fans are scum

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I loved that quote from the new owner.

Something along the lines of not knowing anything about football, he is 'no billionaire' and looking to make a quick profit. I think the surrounding land is owned by Fahim. Oh dear. I would be pretty pissed off with the FA and the previous owners..!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
And everyone thought that Newcastle Utd was THE laughing stock of footie - stand aside the TOON as our friends down the road have taken over.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I thought they could sign in january as long as they pay all the other clubs the money they owe them ? I don't think they could afford anybody good after paying off 10 million.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought they could sign in january as long as they pay all the other clubs the money they owe them ?

It seems they have to pay over 3 million to Arsenal and Chelsea for the Diarra and Johnson signings even though they have already sold them off at HUGE profit.

You've got to wonder where Pompey would be without Redknapp and all that money he made them.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Pompey are in the shit. Seriously. They are concerned about payment of wages, there may be an issue with tax again from what I understand. They are not coming close to administration from what I can gather, but there is a lot of concern about what the rest of the season might bring.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
See more Pompey in Littlehampton to Worthing area than I do Albion. :ohmy:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ha ha they were told they couldnt sign Eugen Bopp,should of let them

Haha, I saw that.

I'm trying to work out whether, if I was a Pompey fan, I'd be pleased or not to learn my club had been banned from signing a player who was released by a fourth division side last season

:lolol:

Mar 13, 2008
It seems they have to pay over 3 million to Arsenal and Chelsea for the Diarra and Johnson signings even though they have already sold them off at HUGE profit.

You've got to wonder where Pompey would be without Redknapp and all that money he made them.
It was him that got them into this mess. Every club he has managed has gone into or very nearly into administration. I very much doubt that is a coincidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here