Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey still in administration

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The FL hasn't given them back the "golden share" because they still have concerns , the bad news is there will be no further sanctions. The good news is that Pompey can stay in administration all season but if they fail to exit administration by the start of the 2011/12 season they will be expelled from the Football League.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm going to a gig in Portscum next month, en route I shall be PISSING up against Fratton Park, dirty cheating scumfucks deserve it :angry:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
They are utter scum who are trying to avoid punishment at all. How can a team get a 10 pt deduction which stands for nothing as it didnt mean anything in the end now try this. A truly filthy football club.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They are utter scum who are trying to avoid punishment at all. How can a team get a 10 pt deduction which stands for nothing as it didnt mean anything in the end now try this. A truly filthy football club.

Much as I feel that is a bit pot and kettle given that Southampton were also so badly managed at one stage they too went into administration, you are correct. Even with everything the Albion have been through, with all the upheaval, playing at Gillingham, having to pay through the nose to use crappy Withdean and having the consequences of severely restricted crowds in that period, we have not been in that position (not in its current sense anyway), and for that we owe a tremendous debt- no pun intended- to those who have kept the Albion going through all that time.

Pompey, meanwhile, are useless, whining cheats, how bloody MARVELLOUS it would be if the Italian club who owe them money for some transfer or other simply said no and refused to cough up. Or told PFC they'd give them 10p in the pound.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Apparently Inter Milan, who are the ones that owe P****y the money, reckon P****y owe another smaller Italian club some brass from when Moontari first signed,

As for the pot kettle jibe, we got into dept by taking a risk in getting a new stadium. The risk was if we got relegated but didnt return within 2 years (parachute) we would be in trouble. and we did get some sort of punishment.

They got into dept simply by buying and paying players that were out of their remit, and happily enjoyed the success. And after all that they got a points deduction which didnt mean anything making the end of last season meaningless allowing them to concentrate purely on the cup giving them 2 more wembley visits to enjoy.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
... and now this season they are:

1. fending off the taxman who only wants whats his so he can help pay for hospitals, schools etc. Then they break the bank getting Kitson & Lawrence on loan on 20k a week.
2. trying to bend the rules by the man that put them in admin buying them back at a cutdown price.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As for the pot kettle jibe, we got into dept by taking a risk in getting a new stadium. The risk was if we got relegated but didnt return within 2 years (parachute) we would be in trouble. and we did get some sort of punishment.

They got into dept simply by buying and paying players that were out of their remit, and happily enjoyed the success. And after all that they got a points deduction which didnt mean anything making the end of last season meaningless allowing them to concentrate purely on the cup giving them 2 more wembley visits to enjoy.

To be fair the situations with Pompey and Saints are very different. I agree with Neb here, Saints got caught out by building a (much needed) new stadium but then got relegated. Portsmouth (and to some extent Palace for that matter) paid transfer fees and wages that they couldn't afford in order to maintain their league status.

Southampton aren't they only club to get into deep financial trouble thanks to building a new stadium, Derby and Leicester for instance, all the more reason for us to thank Mr Bloom.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I very much doubt Pompey will be kicked out of the football league. Another loop hole will be found. At the end of the day I feel sorry for the supporters, because there are some real dark days ahead for this club.

They had 1-2 great years, but the overspending to keep them in the premiership have finally ruined the club. You need to ask yourself, was it worth it? Its a lesson to other clubs including us.

If its a case of hanging around in the lower division for 3 or 4 seasons, and making sure the proper finances are in 100% place before going to the premiership then it has got to be worth it?

The other thing is, you can't pay players 40k a week each and pay stupid transfer fees on top of this when, when you only have 20 - 30 customers coming through your doors every 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
To be fair the situations with Pompey and Saints are very different. I agree with Neb here, Saints got caught out by building a (much needed) new stadium but then got relegated. Portsmouth (and to some extent Palace for that matter) paid transfer fees and wages that they couldn't afford in order to maintain their league status.

Southampton aren't they only club to get into deep financial trouble thanks to building a new stadium, Derby and Leicester for instance, all the more reason for us to thank Mr Bloom.

And good reason for us to maintain some concern/realism over our immediate future/prospects; I.e. Not getting all huffy about the lack of million pound proven strikers! We may well find ourselves in a difficult position in future with the burden of the grounds costs. Who knows what the future really holds? I'm not doubting TB's intentions but his personal circstamces could dramatically change.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"We have had to push out the boat for Kitson and Lawrence. Their wages are £19,000 and £20,000 but it was something we are comfortable with. Gone are the days when extraordinary pay packets put the club in financial trouble.''

A. Andronikou, 13/09/10

"We cannot trade into next month. By the end of this month we will not have sufficient funds to pay wages. We have no cash flow, and as administrators we cannot continue to trade with thin air. "

A. Andronikou, 14/10/10

What an utter clown that bloke is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here