Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey now owe £138m

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
If they enter a CVA, then they will come out of administration - they will avoid a points deduction that way. It's financial manipulation by the administrators and the owners. 20p in the pound - that's tax, which means it's our money - HMRC should be shot for accepting that when they could simply seize all the assets and strip them out. Perhaps they would take 20p in the pound from my tax bill?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Im just remembering the last time something was called pompey...

Pompeii_the_last_day_1.jpg

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
If (and I'm sure I don't understand the full ins and outs of running up a debt of over 130 million quid) they get out of admin and suffer no points deduction next season while effectively writing off 80% of the debt to "non-football creditors" I will be extremely pissed off. They have 5 years to pay back this tiny amount , presumably with no interest and have parachute payments and Cup Final revenue. Can anyone explain why they weren't kicked out of the FA Cup when presumably the basis of their points deduction (which remember had no bearing on their ulimate relegation which would have happened anyway BECAUSE THEY ARE SHIT!!!) was for effectively fielding ineligible players - namely every one they have been paying for with taxpayers money? Arguably the Monkey Hangers points deduction for a pretty honest mistake could potentially lead to a more serious punishment. Portsmouth FC = unutterable cheating scumbags.
They will ever after be my most hated team and every football fan should feel the same way. Palace's situation is totally different.:tantrum:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No club should be able to write of their debt and screw any creditors ... Aldershot paid the penalty Pompey should be demoted to the conf

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
no all payments to portsmouth from the FA and Premier league parachute payments should be paid to the taxman first (politicians need to make this law) then to all other creditors and then finally to football creditors.
then no one will sign for afootball club with dodgy finances and transfers would only be done on a cash up front basis, this would reduce transfer fees and wage demands therefore clubs would not go out of business as they would be forced to run thier affairs correctly.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
The football related debts have to be paid in full - the businesses and suppliers have to wait at the back for their crappy 20p in the pound. And didn't I read somewhere that Portsmouth get five years to pay this back?

I can think of many reasons why Pompey managed to get to the premiership, managed to stay in the premiership, managed to win a cup final and get to another cup final - in fact - 138 million reasons.

Spot on fella.

Football debts paid first so multi millionaire, Sol Campbell gets the million quid he is owed for image rights, while HMRC gets a poxy 20 in the pound.

If only we a had a goverment to bring in legislation to ensure HMRC are paid first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here